**NEWS UPDATE** another Newbie on board!
Close

This is a discussion on **NEWS UPDATE** another Newbie on board! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hello everyone! hope this little post finds you doing well! I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself before making any additional posts. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone!

hope this little post finds you doing well!
    I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself before making any additional posts. I am new to the site and wanted to give a little "info".
    My partner and I live in Sunny Florida and have recently purchased a 1978 Suzuki GS550. Over the next however many weeks will be working to make this our first Cafe project. We searched the internet and found this to be the only really active forum. So here we are !

Thank you for reading my little post.

~Athena~
    2001- Honda VFR 800- My girl!
    1978- Suzuki GS550-Our First Project bike YEPPIEE
    2007- VStrom (My Partners)
    2000- Suzuki TL100R <yup again my partners this one his Pride & Joy>

bcr
    Fair enough. good luck with the project and welcome the board. cheers, bcr

welcome.

you will find a lot of information at the Suzuki GS resource site:

www.thegsresources.com

Before you begin asking, think about the question and do a search as there is a lot of oft tread ground here. Things like knee dents, clubman bars with stock pegs, etc are kinda sore subjects since they tend to be more often asked by the cafe poseurs. Not that we won't help you but there are lumps to be had.

One thing we should warn you about - the majority of us know each other in real life so it gets kinda like a locker room in here. This is not a totally family friendly site so feel free to swear if you want.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info.... as for the website already have that in my fav list.

I'm not 100% new on things... just to this rebuild and yes... Search is an awesome tool.
    I certainly hope not to touch on any of your "sore subjects" and if I do I can assure you it will not be intentional by any means. I am by no means "a cafe poseur" unless our definitions are different. I've been around bikes my entire life... I'll grant you in my younger years mostly Harley. After I got out on my own and certainly moved from the no mans land country area I grew up in I realized there were so many other types of bikes. I fell 100% in love with some of the vintage cafe looking style bikes. I just can't help that.... they represent many things in my eyes and I see them from a different view than others.

Life isn't always butterflies and rainbows so most often one comes across their fair share of lumps. I simply joined this site because of past experiance on sites much like this one.... as we currently have 3 bikes at our home not including the "project" one.

Its great that most of you know each other in real life. My partner knows many off the forums he belongs to and we often get together for rides on the weekends.

As for the locker room atmosphere and "not family friendly"... I maybe a woman but I love motorcycles and learning about them. From my point I can tell you that most women who want the family friendly site and non locker room atmosphere are the ones who bake cookies and never get there hands dirty

That I assure you isn't me

So I thank you for being up front about things!

~Athena~

does that make 2 girls we have on the board now? possibly more?
    --Tyler
    1976 RD400
    Best Flattrack Site On The Net! www.fightfordirttrack.com

2smoke!!! hey man... your profile says your from Paducah, Kentucky.. is that correct... ?? if so do you know where Fulton, KY or Gilbertsville, KY are located??? HA funny small world.. I grew up in Western Kentucky! Just moved to Florida in 2002.

yes, the profile is correct...and yes i know where fulton and gilbertsville are. I work in calvert city at one of the plants and i run to gilbertsville and back for my work outs after work. You should have stayed in west KY, im going to be finished up with my bike soon and i already have another one to build...im turning paducah into cafe city!!
    --Tyler
    1976 RD400

Woot Woot! Ya I know the Calvert Plants.. which one do you work at Air Products?? We come back every year to visit family... I'm the only one here in Florida. All my family remains in Western KY. Mostly near Fulton and Clinton. The "Man" wants to come up and bring the bikes so he can adventure in the area. Thanksgiving I took him to IL to see Garden of the Gods... as he's born & raised in Florida he's never seen snow... leaves change colors or any of the things so hopefully we can bring the bikes next time and get in some good rides down through LBL.

Anyway... ya Paducah needs something... all those Dry counties and nothing to do .. . haha

Small world!

~A

nah, i work at ISP, used to be GAF. If you and "the man" come up, let me know and we'll put a ride together. Do the LBL trace or a ride up to garden of the gods, complete with a ferry ride. There are some incredible roads around dover TN, so if you guys are up for a 150mi + day, we could do that...i'm sure we'll keep in touch
    --Tyler
    1976 RD400

Ya and if you ever venture FL way we can show ya the Sunshine state. 150+miles no problem. This weekend we started out Near Tampa went up through the back roads and over to Daytona for lunch them home again. that gave us bout 400miles. We hope to ride up to Indianopolis for MotoGP in September and then will hit Biketoberfest in Daytona in Oct. Its all good for sure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links