how many bikes is too many? - Page 2
Close

how many bikes is too many?

This is a discussion on how many bikes is too many? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; ok, here are some things: Kosman Hub laced to an akront rear rim setup to take a 150 sized drag slick and spaced to fit ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ok, here are some things:

Kosman Hub laced to an akront rear rim setup to take a 150 sized drag slick and spaced to fit a stock cb750 chain line (pre 1978). The brake is a rear disc with a NOS grimeca twin psiton caliper and master cylinder. I have not weighed it but the entire assembly with tire can be lifted over my head one handed and feels like it weighs about 15-20 lbs.

RC engineering swingarm with three axle points for adjusting wheelbase at the track. I have the cast struts to go with it and the wheelie bar.

- CR750 970 Kit front end from top clamp to tire.

- Magnesium Kehin CR750 racing carbs

- New in box titanium valve train (several sets), Not just the retainers but the valves and rockers too.

- 2 ARD Mags.

- Yoshi odd ball bore kits (811cc, 826cc)

- Yoshi cams

- RC 1036 cc Kit

- a cb750 "chrome Kit". As in every piece except the frame chromed back in the 1970s before the EPA required the process to be enviornmentally friendly.

- tons of Beck Arnley covers New in the boxes.

- Dunstall One of a kind CB750F rearsets for a 1976 CB750.

- Ohlins Road Race shocks from 1978 for a cb750.

- I had yosh handmand race header for a cb750 but Andy Morris managed to Scam it out from under me.

- NOS Tracy Fiberglass tank

- NOS Corbin fiberglass rear fender.

- Manifolds to run dual mukuni's (the original setups not the cycle exchange ones)

- Rickman Frame.

there are probably about 150 items on the full list but those are enough to whett your appitite. A lot of this stuff I am keeping because I will never get it again but other stuff I am not too attached to.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

shit.
    http://www.slingshotcycles.com
    Stainless braided brake lines and other odds and ends.
    Enter coupon code "caferacer" during checkout for 15% off

Damn - I have got to take a trip to NYC to visit you to check out some of your parts. I've got my own much smaller collection that includes dresda swing arm, unstamped 69 exhaust in perfect condition, M29 smooth bore carbs, Unused RC836 piston kit, custom mag wheels, DID aluminum wheels (front and rear), wrinkled tank and other various odds and ends for cb750's. BTW - I use to have a tracy fiberglass body, but got ride of it many years ago (I wished I keep it).

One 69 is completely ready for the road (cafe style) - the other 69 is being built now with an new 836 motor (street fighter style). My build is ready for the engine and paint. The 71 project will be started later this summer (wild style).

My current build will painted original ruby red, my completed 69 is all black and chrome. When the build is done - it will be posted on this site.

Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I have a used tracy body too, but I actually have a super lightweight drag racing and flat track Tracy tank that is NOS. seriously, this thing weighs ounces. The fiberglass is so thin that if you put a strong light against the bottom it will illuminate the tank. I am going to have to put a liner inside it just to be safe.

I have about 5 or 6 cb750 wheels laced to aftermarket alloy rims. Two are Akronts, one DID, one kosman (I think), and one campinolo (spelling), and one I can't identify. Several of them have stainless spokes.

I also have a ton of handmade parts like fork braces, machined brackets (including one to run a cb750 caliper on a springer front end) but the neatest one is a stock cb750 rear drum with a giant snorkle cooling scoop welded to it.

here is that tracy tank sitting on my k3 parts bike:

RC swingarm:

custom cb750 brake bracket

Kosman cb750 rear wheel:

Drum with cooling scoop:
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

CR750 front end:

most of the brake hardware on this front end is magnesium.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Geeto67 -
    Man you got some cool parts, now that this tread has been hijacked, I'm just drooling over what my 71 project would could be with some of your parts. The wallet is thin right now so I guess I'll have to just keep wiping my chin. It's damn shame your not building a few cb's with these parts on them. (maybe you are???). I'll just have to keep plugging along with my mini inventory of custom parts..

you da-man
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

Actually I have 2 cb's in mind for some of these parts. Possibly three. Since I have been working long hours in the office I have been planning on paper what parts I would use to build bikes. It is nice to work with a plan because then the thing becomes like a giant model kit and you don't have to worry about making creative choices so much.

Cb750 #1: the period street road racer.
    The basis of this bike was a well known (in the 70's and 80's) street racer known as "the beast"

Starting with a 1975 cb750F frame, I have a chrome SS swingarm for her. I am going to run an Alloy hoop laced to a cb750F rear hub.

The motor is an 811cc yosh built by a friend of mine back in 1977 and was the original powerplant of the beast. The motor has a nice cam and lightened balanced rods. I have not rebuilt her and she is running in her 1970's trim.

Front end is a 1975 GL1000 front end with drilled discs.

She is running her original Accel coils and a martek 440 iggy (I may upgrade to a dyna S).

Carbs are GS750 29mm smoothbores.

I am not sure what I am going to do about the exhaust but a kerker is my first choice. I was going to run a hollowed out stock system for that sleeper looks but I think the setup is just too damn heavy.

dunstall rearsets for a 76F and honda accessories clubman bar (sold through mineola honda's accessories cataloge specifically for a cb750 - wider than a standard clubman and came pre-drilled for internal wiring).

As she comes together I am not sure what I am going to do about the bodywork. I have a Metallic blue body set with factoy graphics (looks really neat - kinda stock but you know something ain't right) just itching to go on there but the original beast was candy anteres red. I might do a benji seat instead of the stocker and run the electrics in the tail but I haven't thought it out yet. Headlight is going to be a cb450 superhawk setup with the tach guts from a cb750 tach.

Shocks were originally cb900F units but I am replacing them with new Vipex shocks for a 900F.

I am going to lighten her as much as possible. no grab bar, no side covers, slim LED lights all around, and I am going to gun drill the fuck out of her.

more to follow....
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Where'd you get the exhaust on that k3?

quote:Originally posted by borzwazie

Where'd you get the exhaust on that k3?
    the bike came with it. Although there is a baffle in there the exhaust is still fairly loud. I took those pipes off and I sandblasted them and painted them hightemp black. I think I am gonna wrap some header wrap on the down pipes just for looks - they remind me of old muscle car headers.

They have a surprising amount of ground clearance.

now that you reminded me that I have them I am going to use them on the F project.

If I had to guess where they came from the look like TT pipes with an old jardine slash cut muffler.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

JB
    10000000000000000000000000000000000000 is too many! wait, actually 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 is too many!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links