xs650 project (not a cafe racer)
Close

This is a discussion on xs650 project (not a cafe racer) within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; cafe racers are fun to build, don't get me wrong. But i personally think that i'm going to have more fun building this. Mostly cause ...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

cafe racers are fun to build, don't get me wrong. But i personally think that i'm going to have more fun building this. Mostly cause these are the only parts i have.

i know a few of you guys have built a chop, so i'm sure you can appreciate how excited i am about doing this. I think i'm about to get my feet wet!

i didn't weld the hardtail, i don't trust my welder or skills that much. I did however make those 5 minute handle bars.

Shaun
    http://www.slingshotcycles.com
    Stainless braided brake lines and other odds and ends.
    Enter coupon code "caferacer" during checkout for 15% off

oh! oh! i see a sporty tank! and...and..a high back vinyl single saddle (west eagle has cool metal flake seats!). and your wheels look pretty rock-star. i'd just pull 'em and get them powder coated solid black. don't forget the hexagonal oil bag either. sorry, i shouldn't get excited about someone else's chopper like that when i still have to finish my own. looks like a kick ass project.

I can't wait to see what you do with this bike, it looks great so far
    26/m
    no bike anymore
    1972 Oldsmobile 442
    1984 GMC Sierra

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:Originally posted by MarkB

oh! oh! i see a sporty tank! and...and..a high back vinyl single saddle (west eagle has cool metal flake seats!). and your wheels look pretty rock-star. i'd just pull 'em and get them powder coated solid black. don't forget the hexagonal oil bag either. sorry, i shouldn't get excited about someone else's chopper like that when i still have to finish my own. looks like a kick ass project.
    good call on the sporty tank. it does look cool though, even if everyone else has one too.

my foot clutch idea came to me today. left peddle has a bike chain end bolted to it. then the chain goes up to the top frame rail over a sprocket that rides on a bearing and is bolted to the frame and then down to the clutch on the motor. i can see it in my head and it kicks ass

quote:Originally posted by MarkB

good call on the sporty tank. it does look cool though, even if everyone else has one too.

my foot clutch idea came to me today. left peddle has a bike chain end bolted to it. then the chain goes up to the top frame rail over a sprocket that rides on a bearing and is bolted to the frame and then down to the clutch on the motor. i can see it in my head and it kicks ass

forget the sport tank - go old school and use one of the new amen ridge top replicas. Real 70's kitsch and much better than a belly button sporty tank. JP cycles and Cycel Ex both have them in stock.

Here's an idea that I saw on Paul Cox's chop a few years back. Why not set a throttle setup on the left handlebar as a twist grip? No lever on the bars and conventional foot shift. Cox uses his for the brake but I still think it is a neat idea. you could run it internal or if you want to do it on the cheap just get matching tomaselli throttles - one for the throttle and one for the clutch.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

forget the sport tank - go old school and use one of the new amen ridge top replicas. Real 70's kitsch and much better than a belly button sporty tank. JP cycles and Cycel Ex both have them in stock.

Here's an idea that I saw on Paul Cox's chop a few years back. Why not set a throttle setup on the left handlebar as a twist grip? No lever on the bars and conventional foot shift. Cox uses his for the brake but I still think it is a neat idea. you could run it internal or if you want to do it on the cheap just get matching tomaselli throttles - one for the throttle and one for the clutch.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

bcr
    I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't turn you into a cooler than thou, I can't see you, cause I'm rollin a chop in my assless chaps and foster grant wraparounds, poser idiot.

good luck with your new ride, cheers, bcr

bcr
    I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't turn you into a cooler than thou, I can't see you, cause I'm rollin a chop in my assless chaps and foster grant wraparounds, poser idiot.

good luck with your new ride, cheers, bcr

That thing is gonna be pretty sweet, working on one myself, I'll put up a build thread when I get a little further along.

Look great man!

Should be Black on black

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links