Stop, Look. Go. Thump.
Close

Stop, Look. Go. Thump.

This is a discussion on Stop, Look. Go. Thump. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So a couple weekends ago, I was riding up to Williambsburg to deliver a helmet. A new guy at work has his Boneville down, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stop, Look. Go. Thump.

So a couple weekends ago, I was riding up to Williambsburg to deliver a helmet. A new guy at work has his Boneville down, and in his hurry to get into town on the move, forgot his lid. I have a spare lying around, and was going to let him borrow it until his wife shipped him his.

I take a route I usually don't take. Turning right on red. The Canyonero in front of me rolls through the light. I stop, look left. Nothing coming. Start to go... WHAM!

The bike lurches forward, as well as left, right, and a few other directions I'm not quite sure about. I keep it up, and pull over into the gutter. I look behind me and the Dodge Durango pulls in behind me.

Swearing, ripping off my gloves, throwing them onto the ground, I'm in full angry-biker mode. [}] With all the work I've put into the bike, the plastic is folded up like a hooker that just got gut punched by a fat guy with sores on his face. The lady gets out, and has that look on her face like "Oh s--t... what's he gonna do now."

After coming to my whits, we talk it out. She expected me to roll through the light. I believe that red means stop, and didn't. My hand was off the brake, and I was starting to move, which I think saved me from going down.

Anyway, after over $500 in parts, she's making it all right. Her husband, oddly enough, used to own a motorcycle shop, and asked if he could order the parts through his old place to save a buck. I said I had no problem with it. Hey, nobody was hurt, and IMO, that's the most important outcome of any accident.

So my baby looked like this shortly after the accident... (got a ride home in the back of a trailer from the guy who I was dropping off the helmet to.)

And now, after using some duct-tape, ingenuity, and some spit, it's almost like new! I mean... you can hardly notice... right?... RIGHT? [B)]

i looked at the history of this bike on your post, this bike keeps taking hits. at least you're okay though.

isnt that what duct tape is for?? white duct tape would have looked nicer though.

jc

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

The duct tape is only temporary, so it doesn't bother me too much.

If you don't call the cops and the insurance company, there's a good chance they'll never make good on their promises to give you the parts... just saying...

I would have called the cops too....the police need to know and ticket, the insurance companies needs to know they are insuring an dangerous person driving a big ass SUV and charge accordingly.

I PROMISE if you had so much as dinged her SUV and it was your fault she would have had you before the freakin spanish inquisition.

JohnnyB

Glad you are okay! That could have sucked hardcore.

a women made me clearcoat her plastic bumper after a 5mph hit. plastic bumpers don't dent, and i didn't think they were clearcoated. cost me $300.00 for that and $150.00 for her RENTAL CAR!

i should of sued her.

texy
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

I agree with JohnnyB and Unga. Never be the nice guy in an accident. Always call the police and report it. I've been screwed because I was a nice guy. Once.

Craig

bj
    +1. Besides, she should have to pay dearly for being one of those morons that ignore the right turn on red AFTER STOP law.

Same goes for rolling through stop signs. I just had a Post Office truck behind me blow his horn at me because I came to a complete stop at a 4-way stop when there was no traffic. I calmly dismounted the bike, walked to his truck and gently (ok, so it really wasn't so gently) explained that s-t-o-p means stop, not "slow down and keep going". He was dumbfounded. I hate to admit it but it did feel good to vent. Maybe next time he'll think twice, though i doubt it. Those kind of people just don't get it.

Let the flaming commence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links