Cafe or chopper? TLR 200
Close

Cafe or chopper? TLR 200

This is a discussion on Cafe or chopper? TLR 200 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Is this a cafe or chopper? Either way I think its pretty bad ass....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cafe or chopper? TLR 200

Is this a cafe or chopper? Either way I think its pretty bad ass.

Does it matter? do it really need a label? will calling it a cafe make it more or less badass than calling it a chopper?

Well if you must call it something it's a chopper (so help me if someone here calls it a bobber I WILL put my foot through the screen) although honestly it is really just a custom bike...

I will say this though...those japanese builders really have an eye for old world detail that most american and europeans miss. Polished aluminum and brass, espically on cast pieces, looks so much better than chrome. Also the raised detailing instead of paint, nice touch. The lesson to be learned from this bike is all about build quality. Here we have a minimalist bike that, albeit is more form than function, but really shows you that you can have a bike with "nothing" on it and still give it style that isn't all paint work. To apply this to the cafe world, remember at the core of a cafe bike is a functional performance motorcycle, however making your own emblems, embracing natural or polished finishes, detailing can give it a more purposeful look than that dumbass breadbox fiberglass tank and boat tail ever would.

newbies - study this bike and bikes like it. Not for it's layout but for its quality of detailing.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

i would call that prostreet chop. kinda need to look at. but i would not call it cafe.
    http://www.slingshotcycles.com
    Stainless braided brake lines and other odds and ends.
    Enter coupon code "caferacer" during checkout for 15% off

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Truthfully, I don't care about the labels. (I just needed something to name the thread) plus I found the picture in a Japanese chopper magazine. Some of the stuff over here is unbelievable style wise.

I'll hand it to the japanese, they can turn a yamaha sr400 into any style of bike imaginable, cafe, chopper, custom, etc. its amazing.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to the site of japanese businessmen riding to work on the little honda apes in a suit & tie. I think thats always going to be funny.

that front wheel looks a bit big, but I like it nonetheless.

I see it as useless for actual riding if not on the back of a pick up truck, are the people who build "bikes" like these with skeletons so much different than my own? must be

whereas I've owned a couple TLR's and they are anything but useless for their intended purpose

which is serious trials riding

far from the best trials bikes but I actually geared one of my mint condition TLR's taller and used it for actual transportation

it really worked well as an enduro

then I sold it for riches beyond reason

the art/sculpture end of it

nice work but I'm not a fan of Tolle art or how that crude art form finds it's influence landing on many bikes

it's really a stupid custom bike if you ask me

even the tires are stupid and the induction is even stupider

Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

I disagree, Hack. I think it's pretty cool--all of it. But then again, I love build stuff more than I do riding/drive them. That one might not be a good distance-riding bike

--Chris

hey that's cool......

I think it is visually offensive, intellectually insulting, and ill conceived

and cannot imagine my broken up old body suffering it for even a few quick laps around the block

I would however, do dirty deeds to have another nice TLR and the mere notion of spending my efforts to end up with something not useful to ride would have long ago had me back in the sales business or any number of other things I've done

maybe if it sunk into my skull deep enough I could resign myself to pursuing a career in finger painting with water colors
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

come here, I have several jobs for you and I'm sure you'll be happier than a hog in dung......

and I'll pay you too

quote:Originally posted by chrisf

I disagree, Hack. I think it's pretty cool--all of it. But then again, I love build stuff more than I do riding/drive them. That one might not be a good distance-riding bike

--Chris

I think it looks cool, but now that Hack mentions it, you would need to have like super long arms in addition to tiny legs. The angle the seat is at + the peg location X the handle bars does not add up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links