Jampot Rallye, THIS WEEKEND, Washington, MA
Close

This is a discussion on Jampot Rallye, THIS WEEKEND, Washington, MA within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; The 31st Annual JAMPOT Rallye is THIS weekend, June 20 to 22, 2008 Bucksteep Manor, Washington, MA Some info on WHAT the event is here: ...

The 31st Annual JAMPOT Rallye is THIS weekend, June 20 to 22, 2008
    Bucksteep Manor, Washington, MA

Some info on WHAT the event is here: http://www.jampotrallye.com/

and a snippet from their website:

WHAT IS THE JAMPOT RALLYE?

The Jampot Rallye is an annual gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts who share a common interest in classic and vintage British motorcycles, with an emphasis on AMC machines (i.e. Matchless and AJS ). The Jampot Rallye is not a club sponsored event, it is not affiliated with the Jampot Club of England. There is correspondence with the North American AJSMOC branch, (AJS Matchless Owners Club), although not directly associated with them.

Bucksteep Manor has been the host of the Jampot Rallye for over 20 years and is located in the Berkshires of Massachusetts amidst the Appalachian Mountain Range. Accommodations at Bucksteep vary from camping, to cabins, to motel rooms, to the Manor itself. If booked-up, there are other establishments in the surrounding communities.

Jampot is a three-day rallye, beginning on Friday and culminating on Sunday. There are some who elect, and are more than welcome, to come up earlier in the week to enjoy the serenity of the Berkshires and also to explore the many winding tree lined roads. Friday night's cookout is a time for acquaintance and re-acquaintance. It's also a time to discuss and learn the many complexities of the machinery (very educational). For some it's an opportunity to make adjustments or minor repairs before Saturday's rides.

Saturday begins with an early morning breakfast ride into town. Once back at Bucksteep, organized rides depart. Many of the older and smaller capacity machines tend to struggle on today's roads so an alternative route is offered with the same destination. For the off road bikes, the Berkshires offer trails that need to be explored and enjoyed. After a hard days' ride a hearty supper is deserving. A meal is planned at one of the local eateries which usually cures that craving. Returning to Bucksteep the campfire is started and notes are shared on the days' events.

Sunday morning breakfast is served at the Manor, with an after breakfast get-together and raffle on the porch. By late morning good-byes are at hand, with many new friendships established.

You will leave this event with an expanded knowledge and interest into the Matchless and AJS machines along with a greater appreciation for all of the older British bikes. The only criteria for Jampot is a passing interest or passion for these marques.

For Jampot info contact:

The 2008 Big Kahuna - Frank Palmeri
    [email protected]

Yeah, but Frankie, you've got to tell them what a jampot actually is. So named because the AMC machines (Matchless, AJS, etc)used rear shocks that looked very much like jampots, small at the bottom and quite wide at the top, thus the dilineation.

Dgy

Yeah, my buddy Cranky Frank was the Grand Kahuna of the jampot this year. Means he had to organize it. I didn't go this year, but I hear it was fun. The other day some lady told me I shouldn't wear my 2007 Jampot t-shirt when I pick up my kids at the daycare. I asked her what the hell she was talking about. She said that promoting marageewana was in poor taste. I chuckled and said, thank god for the first amendment babe. She is soo pissed. I love it! I won't tell her what it really means either.

Sponsored Links