There goes the neighborhood...
Close

This is a discussion on There goes the neighborhood... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So I stopped by a local scooter shop yesterday to get a 428 master link and that place was bloody mayhem! In addition to my ...

So I stopped by a local scooter shop yesterday to get a 428 master link and that place was bloody mayhem!

In addition to my friend the mechanic, there were two salespeople on the floor and one secretary -- and like a constant 20 people milling around practically waving cash in the air trying to buy a scoot. My friend said just about all of the scooters in the showroom and out front have already been sold, along with half of the truckload they were expecting later that day (mostly Kymco's and Italjet).

I guess more 2 wheelers on the road is always good thing, but damn, they all seem to think a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and a dorky 3/4 helmet with a face shield is appropriate riding gear.

I can't help thinking of kids on repli-racers that crash it while being stupid, get spooked, and sell a pile of cracked plastic with a good motor in the middle.

So, what can we do with a crashed scooter? Limp-wristed street fighter? Maybe some kind of weird three-wheeled go-kart. I never liked those centrifugal clutches, though.
    Dictated but not read.

Crashed scooters make great pit bikes! BTW, I was all about all-the-gear-all-the-time, never riding after imbibing. . .until Key West. Yep, that was me after the sunset cruise, trunks, bikini top (scary that), and slaps, holding my straw hat on with one hand, throttle pinned with the other, buzzing that Metropolitan down Duval Street on a beer and munchies run. . .

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

drunk scootering is where its at! specially at the track. my pit scoot was found behind my shop dumpster. the local kids used to park them there then go across the street to the juvenile justice building to meet their po's. so i grabbed it. it was stolen and hot wired. its the best pit bike you can imagine!

jc

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

Sponsored Links