KZ400 cafe with a touch of class... - Page 3
Close

KZ400 cafe with a touch of class...

This is a discussion on KZ400 cafe with a touch of class... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; It's funny this is the only forum that managed to find something negative to say...my apologies for trying to bring the old girl back to ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    It's funny this is the only forum that managed to find something negative to say...my apologies for trying to bring the old girl back to life and not living up to all of your expectations.

I love it and couldn't be happier with the current product...especially on my budget and schedule. Me, I have an amazing little cafe racer, better than any I've seen in a 50 mile radius and I'm less then $700 into the whole thing.

You guys rock my socks off [:X] kiss kiss
    --Jordan--

Give'em hell Jordan!
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Should be up and runnin in a week when the fuck are we riding Swagger? Lets go rock our cafe hack jobs around the west side and giggle at poseurs

...but for real we should get out for a ride, need to get out there and show Portland what vintage soul is all about [8D]
    --Jordan--

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I just noticed your Or-i-gun plate! Cool to see. You'll have to stop by theh shop sometime after august (Can't be before that, I have a "Non-Disclosure Statement" type project that the customer is very secretive about. Should be done by then. Hell, hopefully I'll have something to ride by then besides the Triumph or R1..
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

jordan,

tell these effin' malcontent mothers to go pound sand up their asses. i got a b.f.h. that they can borrow too!!!!!!

you got balls to paint your bike like that, and i think it came out pretty cool.

hell, if you were around philly, i'd let you paint my CB350 stocker.......hugger competition orange!

hell, if i was a millionaire, i'd fly you in to paint my stocker.....but i'm not, so don't book a flight, yet.

cheers,

texy
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

quote:Originally posted by texmawby

jordan,

tell these effin' malcontent mothers to go pound sand up their asses. i got a b.f.h. that they can borrow too!!!!!!

you got balls to paint your bike like that, and i think it came out pretty cool.

hell, if you were around philly, i'd let you paint my CB350 stocker.......hugger competition orange!

hell, if i was a millionaire, i'd fly you in to paint my stocker.....but i'm not, so don't book a flight, yet.

cheers,

texy
    You rock Tex

Swagger, where is your shop and what area of town are you located in? I'm in the Hillsboro/Beaverton, OR
    --Jordan--

I thought it was a neat idea to paint the engine in the frame and all the same color, quick and dirty but you know what it is a nice way to get the engine and frame uniform and considering the bike is probably planning to get ridden most of it will chip off in a year or so anyway....

...but seriously, you couldn't take 20 minutes and remove the wiring harness, coils, etc?

Look, I am not getting down on you for working on your bike, hell I think it is great that you worked on ti and you posted pics, more than most newbies and vets do around here anyway, but sloppy work is sloppy work. You spend the effort to strip the bike down that far and spray pro grade primer and paint but you can't spare 20 minutes of unplugging shit?

So you know for next time....you did a good job on everything else but your frame/everything else repaitn is shit. So store your "you guys are so negative" self righteous victum attitude and just enjoy the bike for now, knowing that next time, you won't take such a short cut.

And by the way...just in case you are wondering why repinting the electrical was such a bad idea, wait until you have an electrical gremilin you can't find because it is buried under a mile of paint, or you have to trace a wire that has been painted over. Also it is going to flake off most of the components that get hot (coils, starter solenoid) and make a flaky mess.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Tough to see but the only electrical components that were painted were the wrapped sections of the harness, 90% of the ends have full color and slit the wrap your in business again. all of the othere electriacl components were left because they were replaced the next trip out as you can see in the other pics. I had the harness out once and it's a complicated mess that Kawa stuck in there, way too many weird connectors that could go multiple places, wasn't going three again...didn't need anything to slow this project down.

No feeling hurt here, I was just surprised that's all. Like I said I couldn't be happier and so far 98 % of the people who seen it in one way or another have said the same thing.
    --Jordan--

the bike is really nice, great job on the build. the reason you are getting negative stuff here is because you are dealing with a whole 'nuther breed of cafe guys. you have to realize that many people here have been building bikes for DECADES and are pretty set in the way they do things. they are just sounding off on how they do their stuff and you might take into consideration the way they do a few things, it will surprise you how much better things are when you listen to somebody with that much experience. i am in your shoes though, i work on my bike in my dining room if i can't make it 50 miles to the shop. i had to use a cresent wrench to get the motor out of my bike the other day for crying out loud! you do the best you can and get it on the road, but just remember that in just about everything you do, you can do things a little bit better the second time around. i hurried my build and painted parts before mocking the bike up...i won't do that again for sure!
    --Tyler
    1976 RD400
    Best Flattrack Site On The Net! www.fightfordirttrack.com

For a first project - it looks pretty good. Time will tell how the paint on the engine and wiring will hold up but what the heck - you'll move on to another project down the road and learn from this one. I've learned over the years - no matter how you did your project, there is always someone out there that does it just a little better and gets a little better results. If your happy with the project than that's all that counts. As long as it's safe for the road (and I'm sure it is) - ride the wheels off it and enjoy.
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links