Sun. Vintage ride, Woodstock NY
Close

This is a discussion on Sun. Vintage ride, Woodstock NY within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Sunday July 13 Vintage street ride put on by Ed Allyn of "Allynair" bike parts. Meet at the Woodstock Lodge, behind the Woodstock School before ...

Sunday July 13 Vintage street ride put on by Ed Allyn of "Allynair" bike parts.

Meet at the Woodstock Lodge, behind the Woodstock School before 11 am, not sure if the ride leaves at 11 or 12. No fee, no registration, just come and ride.

I went last year. Lots of cool old bikes. I beleive bike has to be 15 or 20 years old but they don't throw you out. Worth the ride just to see the bikes. There must have been 40 or 50 there, from a weird scooter to a really nice Norton Scrambler. A few HD's mixed in but not many. Mostly Brit and Jap.

Ride takes about 2 hours, ends with a late lunch.

I am taking my CB360 and either the CA160 or Ducati for a buddy.

This isn't to far for you guys from New Jersey or the NYC metro area.

Jack

It was a great ride. 60 bikes started. One crashed and I don't know if they finished or not. Quite a varity, lots of BMW's, several Guzzis, Triumphs and BSA's. A few Hondas and Harleys.

The oddest bikes there were a Nimbus and, believe it or not, a HESKETH!!!! This is the first time I have ever seen either bike "in the flesh".

Also a couple very nice early Ducati twins.

100 miles on my Ca 160 with only one stop was too much for me. My friend rode my CB360. They were pretty much the smallest bikes there, but had no problem keeping up.

Next year, same weekend and place.

Jack, I ride up thereabouts quite often. After m2m this weekend was a no-go. Sometime we should meet up. Do you know 'the doctor'? A few of the NYCvinMoto folks went up. Perhaps you met some along the way...

You should consider getting on the NYC list, we do have folks from as far away as CT. and Philly. Great way to keep the vintage folks riding, wrenching and racing together!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Rosko,

I did meet a couple with a Harley from Manhatten, she was british. Talked to a bunch of folks, but didn't get to the "where are you from".

"The Doctor", not sure if I know him/her. There is a fellow up in West Fulton who calls himself the cycle doctor- haven't met him but was invited to a vintage dual sport ride organizational meeting at his place I couldnt attend.

How do I get on the VIN moto list?

Jack

Don't know the harley couple, that IS the doctor. Cool guy. A couple from here rode up on a pair of old hondas, a 550/4 and cl350. Thought you may have met them.

to subscribe just go here and sign up:
    http://micapeak.com/mailman/listinfo/nycvinmoto

normal e-mailing list style, choose 'digest' or 'normal' delivery.

Rosko,

No CL350 there, unless they didn't stop at the lunch place.

Jack

Did you hit rain Jack. I didn't read this post until today, or I would have gone. I rode with a few friends from work in the other direction. Route 2 to MA. It pissed on us all thru Petersburgh pass and the park. I actually had a few pucker moments when the rearend on my R100 cut loose on some turns...thankfully not enough to cause me to go down. That would have sucked. Okay, back to work.

I trailered the bikes there and it POURED all the way down and back. But not a drop fell on us during the ride! It was great. One short dirt road we were on was a little hairy, but other than that it was dry.

Sponsored Links