i guess i'll start a vw thread
Close

This is a discussion on i guess i'll start a vw thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; since there seems to be a lot of vw guys here, i figured i'd start a thread for em. i'm just a damn newbie so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

since there seems to be a lot of vw guys here, i figured i'd start a thread for em. i'm just a damn newbie so feel free to delete it if it's too OT.
    some pics of mine, from oldest to newest:
    67 bus

73 bug

83 rabbit gti

and here's my 88 golf

note the matching schwinn stingray, we painted it when we resprayed the car. (car used to be maroon)

1972 honda cb 500

JD
    the smoking pumpkin

here is my 1960 Bug and the Wife's 1982 Rabbit Convert. (she wants me to get rid of the rabbit and get her an old bug convert!)

"Ride Fast and Take Chances"

Edited by - chikor on Apr 25 2004 10:12:42 AM

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

nice split window.

why is that guy in the red golf wearing a helmet.....oh. always showing off for the girls arent you??

i saw a show on the r32 last night. when i saw it on tv a few years back i was in love. what a hot rod. id kill to get a few laps around vir in that thing.

jc

My friend just got an R32. Its a rocket off te line but I didnt think it was all that fast. I also have a Chevy with a 454, so my definition of fast is different from his. The type 3 invation is in Hershey this year. Im going to that. Another buddy of mine has a 61 notchback, but its not gonna make it there this year.

i guarentee you the r32 will smoke the 454 through the twistys. maybe in a straight line too. from 50-100 the big block will romp the volksie though. and theres nothing like having enough under the hood to spin the rear tires from 2nd to 3rd. the torino would chirpem, and it would break in the dry on expressway ramps going into 3rd. and that was an auto!
    i loved that car. one of the few regrets. and god damned now i keep everything.

j

JD
    as a huge golf/gti fan the r32 is pretty damn cool. I'm sure it could benefit from more power but couldn't most vehicles? it's got what the m3 had just a few years ago and all wheel drive! that's the big one for me. I've dreamed of picking up an Audi turbo quattro coupe for years. now I may consider the r32 instead.

and my old 84 GTI with 2L 16V conversion

JD
    quote:
    nice split window.

why is that guy in the red golf wearing a helmet.....oh. always showing off for the girls arent you??
    it's orange and that's no helmet!

it looks like the same size as the dent in the front. whats up with that anyway?? that is a cool pic dude. i used to get the front inside wheel off of the ground in the bug around town, i wish i had a pic of that. i could actually get around corners, drag the brake and stop the inside wheel while hanging out the window to see it. what fun little cars.

later
    j

JD
    a friend of mine was doing me a favor by letting me keep the car in his driveway during the winter. ice storm + steep driveway + chevy 1500 = dent

that'd be a site, you hanging your head out the window going around a corner. I'd get out of the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links