Wheels through time museum relocating
Close

This is a discussion on Wheels through time museum relocating within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Just flipping through this months (vintage heavy content) AMA magazine and found a small blurb on the museum relocating in September. If you have any ...

Just flipping through this months (vintage heavy content) AMA magazine and found
    a small blurb on the museum relocating in September. If you have any interest
    in checking the place out now may be the time. Located in Maggie Valley, NC it's
    not too far off. For more info on the exhibits, machines, location etc. head
    over to: www.wheelsthroughtime.com

started out in northern Illinois the first time i heard about it is when it moved to NC. too bad for me. Until i visited family and was able to go. Fantastic museum. Sure it is only American bikes but there is more than enough to keep all of us drooling. very very cool. if it is moving closer to you wait. if it is moving further away, go now and take tons of pictures.

they haven't been in Maggie Valley very long at all

what? two or three years max?

They were in Mt Vernon for a long time

I've never been but I guess I should fire up and ride that way soon

anyone know where they are going this time?

Maybe Dale should just load everything up in semi trailers and do a mobile exhibit
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

After a long day in the sun with a hangover/buzz, me and two friends were sitting on the sidewalk in front of the exhibition area at Davenport Swap meet (please attend). All of a sudden this H-D Hummer starts flying at us at a high rate of speed. at the last moment the guy goes into a flat track style skid and backs it into a parking space like right in front of our faces. the guy calmly gets off the little harley and walks by like he never even saw us. Turned out to be Dale Walksler, we were not as concerned after we figured it out.

There's an article in either Motorcycllist or Motorcycle Classic that says he's moving because the town of Maggie Valley is not motorcycle friendly and doesn't support any of his efforts to promote cycling. I'm not really sure what all that means but he seems pissed. Sad to see it go. It's a cool place and he's very approachable...I met him in the gift shop and he seemed genuinely excited about answering all kinds of questions I had. He's been there around 6 years, seems like a lot of investment to bail out on.

now that makes sense

I could tell you horror stories about this nutbush town full of tobacco barons that thump their bibles while sitting at their shine/meth stills

they really have the "good ol boy easy rider" mentality here
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

Anyone that appreciates motorbikes on any level has to go to Wheels Through Time. I ended up there mid week by myself and was in aww of the machines and displays. The bikes are amazing and the memorabilia is equally as amazing. Stuff like hand written letters from unknown champion flat track stars.... the stuff you never think about. Anyway, the museum is supposed to move to somewhere around Nevada/Arizona, but not without selling a bunch of bikes first. Go see it now! Maggie Valley is near Asheville, the Blue Ridge, Acme Motorcycles, the Dragon, etc. Also, Dale came out and introduced himself when I was there. He asked me about myself and then proceeded to fire up the two Henderson's that I was looking at. They looked identical, but he explained that one was made in the factory in Chicago and one in Detroit. He started them effortlessly, like he does it everyday. Amazing.

Sponsored Links