zero engineering - Page 2
Close

zero engineering

This is a discussion on zero engineering within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; ah, good points. maybe i should have clarified my statement. if we were to look at the post-war guys you were talking about, indeed many ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ah, good points. maybe i should have clarified my statement. if we were to look at the post-war guys you were talking about, indeed many of them were wannabe racers. they cut stuff off their ex-mil machines and went-a-speedin, outlaw style...on bobbers. choppers were an extension of that but they were usually made for aesthetic reasons and not necessarily performance.

i guess the connection in my head comes from the fact that both bobbers and cafe racers were originally attempts to build the lightest, fastest streetbike imaginable, not necessarily abiding by the law with regards to safety constraints and using what you could find from other bikes, but in the case of bobbers, other place altogether...be it house door handles, old tools, cars etc.

from that point, i guess they diverge. it was a different set of folks and they had different intentions but im sure the cafe guys may have been influenced somewhat by both real race bikes from different periods (as early as the teens) as well as bobbed ex-mils. i could be wrong.

either way, they all rock. and you're right, indians from that period are indeed something lots of folks want to get their hands on. i wouldnt mind having one in the garage.

point well taken amd made....i am currently building my wife a dirt track style bike out of an old CL360...i hope i am able to part with it when i'm done....

"Ride Fast and Take Chances"

think i might have to recant my statement. i spent a good amount of time studying the ergonomics (via pictures, duh) of 8 of their bikes...and i dont think they're too comfortable for long stretches, and the smallish tank size is impractical. im 5'7" so the fit may be spot-on. the prices, on the other hand....

i would think they're pretty fast though.

good luck on that flattracker. keep us posted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I was in Japan for 3 months last fall. You have to go to the Ueno area near Tokyo. That's where all of the bike shops are. I found this shop called (I think) Corin. It was a 3 or 4-story fully stocked shop with all of the parts you could ever imagine right there on display. I'm sure we can get most of them over here, too, but only by catalog. Not to mention, Ueno has a ton of bike shops.

And, the Honda Collection at Twin Ring Motegi is a must. I have some pictures on my website:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/robllo...ycle/Index.htm

Look under "Japan Trip"...

-Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links