i need mx gear
Close

i need mx gear

This is a discussion on i need mx gear within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; ok, i have a helmet. thats it. anyone got any hookups? any thing they have they like, or dont like. anything anyone wants to sell. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need mx gear

i need mx gear

ok, i have a helmet. thats it. anyone got any hookups? any thing they have they like, or dont like. anything anyone wants to sell. size 10 boots. im NOT spending 500 bucks on boots. was thinking in the 150 buck range for boots. or less. knee and shin guards? roost protector? i really need goggles. anyone?

keep in mind, im riding an xr100.

opinions etc??

tia

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

Hey Joe,

this is one of my customers and has a good deal going on the left over stuff. MX boots can be a little large being that you will wear thick socks.

http://www.highlandsyamaha.com/pages...oss-boots.aspx
    Did you hear about the pirate with two wooden legs?

They caught fire and burned his ass to the ground!

I have a pair of fox forma 2000 boots worn once and the corner was nibbled on by the dog. other than that brand new old stock.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

what is your size? i have 5 sets of mx gear...i could part ways with 1 set to help a brother out. get on ebay, that is where i buy my boots. i always buy a clean set on there, that way, when you get them, they are already broke in. i have a set of tech 6's that i got off there that looked brand new after cleaning them with some soft scrub and SOS pads (they are white) and they were already broken in. check out www.rockymountainatvmc.com they are having closeouts on a BUNCH of stuff. i got a set of gear 2 weeks ago dirt cheap. but let me know if you need anything, i have lots of stuff laying around
    --Tyler
    1976 RD400
    Best Flattrack Site On The Net! www.fightfordirttrack.com

hmmm.....rosko, do those boots match your leathers?

send me a pic of em. i might be interested.

tanx

if you guys are looking for cheap stuff, the place tyler listed has some good prices.

jc

Get gloves, gloves help alot, you can buy cheap boots that will be plenty good. Get a nice chest protector with back protection, kidney protection. Mine has come in hand in a bunch of "bad" crashes where I came out fine, hell I had one guy ride right over me with his bike, I got up and was fine
    26/m
    no bike anymore
    1972 Oldsmobile 442
    1984 GMC Sierra

I've gotten stuff from www.motosport.com in the past. Looking through their catalog I'd bet A* Tech 3s, Gaerne Cyphers, or Thor Quadrants would all be decent boots in your price range. I had some cheap Thors maybe five years ago. They were good for the price. I'd stick with a cheap model in a good brand. I've seen some offbrand boots that were total junk.

I wear Oakley O-frame goggles. They're cheap, hold up well.

I've worn several brands of gloves. The only ones I really disliked were Moose Sahara hot weather gloves. Which was strange because I would overall highly recomend Moose as a brand. If you're gonna play in the mud get a pair of MSR Mud Pros.

yeah, motosport is good to deal with, i buy from them a lot, they just aren't having much on close out right now. let us know what sizes you wear and i'll go digging through my closet too!!
    --Tyler
    1976 RD400
    Best Flattrack Site On The Net! www.fightfordirttrack.com

FR
    quote:Originally posted by Ratty-550

I've worn several brands of gloves. The only ones I really disliked were Moose Sahara hot weather gloves. Which was strange because I would overall highly recomend Moose as a brand.

Same here! I just got the Moose Sahara pants, jersey and gloves. Love the pants and jersey. I also bought the Moose Roost/Chest protector 'cause it has the strap-adjustable shoulder pads as well as upper arm guards, and I've put it to the test a few times with no problems. Wore the gloves once, got blisters on my thumbs. I'll keep 'em for light work gloves but they don't cut it for woods/moto riding.

Joe, as we've discussed, you can get hurt just as bad on the XR100 as the big bikes. I think the Moose gear is worth the money if you're going to use it often enough. If I'm going out in the woods, or on a moto track I wear at least; Moto boots, knee/shin guards (Fox, $20), pants and jersey, kidney belt (once again, Fox, $20), chest protector.
    I plan on getting elbow guards and a collar real soon too. I also finally bought a Moto helmet and goggles this year, makes a huge difference. Most of that gear will last a good long time and you can wear it for the indoor stuff too, so it's money well spent.
    Speaking of which, you racin' shorttrack???

FR

FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links