Goes around comes around - Page 2
Close

Goes around comes around

This is a discussion on Goes around comes around within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote: Originally posted by Pete Casper quote: Originally posted by dreamqueen quote: Originally posted by jbranson BFD, If you ever get a chance, make some ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    quote:Originally posted by Pete Casper

quote:Originally posted by dreamqueen

quote:Originally posted by jbranson

BFD,
    If you ever get a chance, make some copies of the S90 pages. Seems the S90's are getting to be popular again. Or scan them and email, whatever is easy. I keep telling people I have them, and then forget I don't.
    BFD; I'l like a scan or photocopy of the S90 stuff when you have a chance
    Beth
    Me too. I got a brother-n-law who could use the s90 stuff as well.

Pete
    As long as we're asking for copies, any chance I could get a copy of the 305/350 stuff? We have scanning copiers here at work so I could convert a copy to a PDF file pretty easily. I even have some webspace to post it as a download for anyone else that wants it.....

Jim

quote:by helping along '68 Gran Turismo Omologato project.
    always thought the euro translation was the above and gm thumbed their noses by saying gto stood for "gas, tires, & oil". i hear when driven properly, that's all you smell too.
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

bfd
    Jim
    If you have an appropriate copier and want to do it send me your address off list and I'll mail you my binder. It probably wouldn't go over so well here at work if I was making alot of copies for everyone. Just make sure the Clever Dog logo figures prominently!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

GTO is Gran Turismo Omologato, the Gas Tires and Oil thing is a joke and was never been part of GM's official or unofficial line. That is like saying Ford was taking the piss my saying their products are Found On Road Dead.

to give you an idea of how conservative GM was in those days, they veto-ed the idea of calling the GTO by it's street nickname "Goat" in an ad. Supposedly Jim Wangers pitched the ad in 1969 for the 1970 "a boy and his goat" and GM believed goat was derogatorry toward their product. Wangers wrote a book called "Glory Days" it has some really interesting stories. The suff with Royal Pontiac switching cars during street races is really interesting.

BTW, few people know this but GM's 5 lug wheel and tire tester is a 1967 GTO that has never been off the rack at the proving grounds. Supposedly they still test wheels on it.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Geeto,
    Is this a 67 radio? Looks like one to me, and I don't think it will fit my 68. I'm listening to oldies on it as the picture was taken.
    JohnnyB

quote:Originally posted by bfd

Jim
    If you have an appropriate copier and want to do it send me your address off list and I'll mail you my binder. It probably wouldn't go over so well here at work if I was making alot of copies for everyone. Just make sure the Clever Dog logo figures prominently!
    Email sent!

Jim

quote:Originally posted by jbranson

Geeto,
    Is this a 67 radio? Looks like one to me, and I don't think it will fit my 68. I'm listening to oldies on it as the picture was taken.
    JohnnyB

66-67 radio. It is actually a 1966 and early 1967 (through January build date) radio. The buttons on later 1967 radios are black and the face is slightly different. The 1968 radio was similar to the 1967 but may have been longer in the face plate, I don't know since I have never owned a '68.

As luck would have it I have a December build 1967 and I am in need of a Radio. E-mail me and name your price and I will be happy to take her off your hands.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Geeto, the buttons may look chrome in the photo but they are actually black plastic, just shiny. It's definitely not suitable for my 68, which didn't have the upper "pontiac" section exposed through the dash.
    And...I gotta be honest, I have no idea what they are worth. $50?

I also have a metal fan shroud, looks to be 66 or 67, and a 67 intake, and some 67 trim (convertible maybe). I'm willing to make trades for most things 68 too.
    JohnnyB

Jim, BFD,
    Yeah, hosting those files would be cool. I've gotten a bunch of requests for the info over the years. I was given the original photocopy by an old timer that I arranged to meet at Mosport. Got some useful info, and some interesting info.

Thanks for doing the legwork to get the stuff back out there.

JohnnyB

johnny
    has the sheep been in the back seat of your goat?
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links