Goes around comes around
Close

Goes around comes around

This is a discussion on Goes around comes around within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Gotta tell someone. I'm embarking on a frame-off on my 68 GTO. Talking cars over a few beers at the bar, friend of friend says..I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Goes around comes around

Gotta tell someone.
    I'm embarking on a frame-off on my 68 GTO. Talking cars over a few beers at the bar, friend of friend says..I got some 68 parts if you need them. I'm like...yeah, what do you have. Well he had a very nice used hood, entire front bumper with hide-aways, two intakes including one brand new (period) Eldebrock 2P, perfect fan shroud, perfect windshield.
    So I says....how much you want for the stuff? He says....ahhh, nothin, just come get it. So I did. Offered him a few C-notes...he doesn't want it, says...buy me a couple of beers.

Dude just saved me about $1500 on the restoration ( I needed a hood and a new windshield).
    So met someone that is as stupid about giving away his stuff as I am....and it feels good.
    JohnnyB

PS. BFD, did I give you that copy of the HRC manual I had for the 305/350 and the S90?

bcr
    JohnnyB - nice to know the karma bean counters have decided to square up by helping along '68 Gran Turismo Omologato project. That'll be a keeper. cheers, bcr

enduara bumper with hideways - that alone was worth the $1500.

I have given away tons of GTO stuff over the years, I only ever got a pair of headers (which I never used) for free.

Then again I am a tremendous asshole. sO i guess it all balances out.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Now I have two enduras with hide-aways....I'll cherry pick the best parts between the two. I have a thing about finding enduras with almost no notch in them to clear the hood (factory work). Hard find them without the notch....I'm waiting till tomorrow to check this one over closely, it might be like Christmas.

Windshield was the proper soft-ray with large blue shade to match the rest of the original windows. Intake is a 69 ( I actually need a 68 anyone want to trade?)
    Hood is "un-sprung" and un-cut, with just one dent the size of a dime.
    Also an original AM radio.

Amazing the parts that are still stashed away in people's sheds and garages, often times they have no idea what they are worth, or don't care, or have no interest at all. Hate to think about them all sitting around rusting away.
    JohnnyB

bfd
    JohnnyB
    Those manuals were in a notebook you gave me, thanks again. Need em back, or a copy?

quote:Originally posted by jbranson

Amazing the parts that are still stashed away in people's sheds and garages, often times they have no idea what they are worth, or don't care, or have no interest at all. Hate to think about them all sitting around rusting away.
    JohnnyB
    I have 4 GTOs worth of parts stashed in the crawl space under my parents house on Long Island. I haven't even looked at that stuff in 2 years. Muscle Car stuff is all being horded now since the cars got really expensive.

I once went to look at a car in the late 1990s. It was a 1969 GTO RAIII convertible. The car was in a warehouse in suffolk county long island filled with first gen big block camaros (and a couple of second gen), all unrestored. Apparently I had stumbled upon a local legend at the time because some of the shops had heard of this guy and his gold mine, but hardly anybody ever saw it. I tried to buy the GTO weeks later and the guy pretty much had disappeared. I wonder if that car is still there.....
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

BFD,
    If you ever get a chance, make some copies of the S90 pages. Seems the S90's are getting to be popular again. Or scan them and email, whatever is easy. I keep telling people I have them, and then forget I don't.

Geeto,
    Yep a few weeks ago I traded a 68 leman's trunk lid and two doors for $150 and two very nice inner fenders. OEM sheet metal is getting pretty scarce. At least it's treated that way among us that want it, but for so many people not in the hobby it's just so much junk.

I still remember a biker party I went to 20 years ago. Out in a field was a 69 Judge with a bad front clip...guy said it was his when he was a kid, and he was saving it for his kid....probably still there, it was in the middle of nowhere in the mountains.
    JohnnyB

BFD,
    If you ever get a chance, make some copies of the S90 pages. Seems the S90's are getting to be popular again. Or scan them and email, whatever is easy. I keep telling people I have them, and then forget I don't.
    BFD; I'l like a scan or photocopy of the S90 stuff when you have a chance
    Beth
    Dreamqueen
    USCRA #305

bfd
    JohnnyB, Beth
    I'll rip you some copies this week.

quote:Originally posted by dreamqueen

BFD,
    BFD; I'l like a scan or photocopy of the S90 stuff when you have a chance
    Beth
    Me too. I got a brother-n-law who could use the s90 stuff as well.

Pete

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links