DUNSTALL/british cafe racer products - Page 2
Close

DUNSTALL/british cafe racer products

This is a discussion on DUNSTALL/british cafe racer products within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; hmm...they might fit a CB750 DOHC. i wonder where you can find someone to try and see if they fit?!? well if you think of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hmm...they might fit a CB750 DOHC. i wonder where you can find someone to try and see if they fit?!? well if you think of anyone with maybe a 1981 CB750 DOHC that hasn't built rear sets yet let me know.
    Did you hear about the pirate with two wooden legs?

They caught fire and burned his ass to the ground!

geeto saw my dunstall rearsets out at mid-o......

geet, what are they gonna fit on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

texy
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

sorry not been on line for a while

Paul Dunstall went into property and has now retired having hit a major birthday mark, the Dunstall name was sold on years ago the trade mark is still valid. ive been tryin to get it for years.

the rearstets look like read titan and more than likely will have been made by le moto who made them for most Uk companies at the time,
    le moto are still in business and did make em for the cb750dohc too.
    the bodywork is mostly dunstall . i can see a full kawasaki (left) and honda (right) kit at the back, front are dunstall, left middle looks read titan, middle white is dunstall and middle right is rickman, as for fittings thats differnat matter as most were cut for each bike so they cleared petrol taps, shocks etc

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Dunstall the brand name, it has taken me 25 years to track down the owners of each ex dunstall items production rights as much was sold off by the two owners since paul sold it. much simply isnt worth re making as new tooling would be required and to be honest the demand isnt there for alot of the stuff.

dunstall will return but with a new range of products. it has not been out of busines as long as everyone thinks,

the dunstall website by John Woodgate is still live but not been updated for 6 years, likewise he doesnt answer emails no more as i hoped to aquire it rather than produce a new site with the same info.

i can put you inotuch with le moto if required

rearsets

as for fitment , they look like older gt suzuki ones, or h1/h2

I've got a rear set similar to the above - maker unknown. Rear brake is setup for cable operation.
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

quote:Originally posted by texmawby

geeto saw my dunstall rearsets out at mid-o......

geet, what are they gonna fit on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

texy
    damn if I know, I took a pic of them and compared them to my SOHC dunstall sets at home and they didn't match.

Hey Fischer, what do you want for that rickman fairing? I have a rickman frame that is looking a little naked right now.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Portland, Oregon. (But not the hipster douchebag part of town.)
    quote:Originally posted by Mr Fischer
    Heres a set of rear sets I need identified. They arent Dunstall and are probably John Tickle or Read-Titan (or?)

Most Dunstall (all that I have seen )rear sets have folding pegs on both sides. Other MFG's have a solid peg on the shifter side.
    My set pictured looks like a CB 750 set but arent. The elongated slot on the right side is in the wrong spot (the stock brake pedal height stop would go through this slot).This set has 209 written on the backs.
    Years ago, I had a set very simular to this set in make and constuction, but they mounted to the swing arm bolt and had a cable operated brake (CB 750).
    Any ideas?
    DG

Edit:
    Heres a Dunstall link

http://www.woodgate.org/dunstall/

Mr. Fischer,
    I can't pinpoint them, but here's a scan from a 1974 Read Titan catalog with a list of models they supplied rearsets for at that time.
    Also, the Dunstall website seems to be dead from the home page, but you can slip in the back door and still access a lot of the info here. http://www.woodgate.org/dunstall/history

[email protected] from the Past

quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Hey Fischer, what do you want for that rickman fairing? I have a rickman frame that is looking a little naked right now.
    That's a complete kit for a Kaw and will probably be put on a KZ 900(that or the Yellow Dunstall Kit). I have the KZ and the Rickman and the Dunstall kits have all the brackets and rear sets. The body/seat combo is a Dicks Racers Supply unit, not a Rickman.
    No, it's not for sale. I tend to hoard this kinda stuff. It's getting harder to find this stuff and I would rather have it "in stock" than to have to search all over to find it when I need/want it.
    Bret, thanks for the scan.

DG
    Quote from Vanna White

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...VannaWhite.jpg

Fishhead Big Brakes
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/dgfischer/Fishhead%20Big%20BRakes/?albumview=slideshow

quote:Originally posted by Mr Fischer

That's a complete kit for a Kaw and will probably be put on a KZ 900(that or the Yellow Dunstall Kit). I have the KZ and the Rickman and the Dunstall kits have all the brackets and rear sets. The body/seat combo is a Dicks Racers Supply unit, not a Rickman.
    No, it's not for sale. I tend to hoard this kinda stuff. It's getting harder to find this stuff and I would rather have it "in stock" than to have to search all over to find it when I need/want it.
    Bret, thanks for the scan.

DG
    I kinda figured, I am the same way. Oh well, I guess I will go back to searching for the fairing, I have the tank and seat.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links