THE GREAT ESCAPE
Close

THE GREAT ESCAPE

This is a discussion on THE GREAT ESCAPE within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; The Great Escape was on saturday night. I've only seen it maybe one other time and clearly never noticed until now how incredibly bad an ...

bfd

THE GREAT ESCAPE

The Great Escape was on saturday night. I've only seen it maybe one other time and clearly never noticed until now how incredibly bad an actor Charles Bronson was. Watching him was like watching a poorly done high school play- how did he ever get another job after that? It took most of the movie for me to realize his character wasn't Eastern European or retarded, just butchered.
    Anyone else seen it recently?

I own it, watch it a couple of times a year. Bronson was a unique actor - like it or not he was always Bronson no matter the role and people were ok with that.

I always forget that the movie has a sad ending, I usually start watching it when I am in a good mood, not so much at the end.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

like easy rider......

jc

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

One of my favorite movies. The other one is Papillon http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070511/

Easy Rider... wtf. I remember seeing that and going... "Is that the end?!?! WTF?!?!"
    Its like they ran out of money for the movie and decided to nuke it from orbit as an easy ending.

And The Rear Window. Classic.

bfd
    At some point recently I saw a profile on the original camp and a few of the original tunnel builders. The camp was near Poland I think. While they were digging around in the dirt they actually uncoverd one of those cement fake covers they used to hide one of the tunnels. The camp was in a pine forest and the ground was really sandy. They had tons of cave ins and used bed slats,just as portrayed in the movie, and other scraps of wood to keep the roof up. Watching this documentary showed the accuracy of most of the movie. But there was no Steve Mcqueen prisoner

Of course there was no McQueen character...a real guy like that would have gone down fighting and never be taken prisoner....like Chuck Norris.... stupid inacurate movie
    JohnnyB

"The Great Escape" is pretty good movie for the era it was made in. What cracks me up every time I see it is right after he steals the motorcycle and outsmarts the Nazis on the motorcycles by hiding behind a shed, he does what any "extremely" intelligent person would do when trying to make a clean getaway out of Germany, he gets rid of the Nazi uniform. Oh yeah, You'll blend right in with all the other Americans riding around Germany on a stolen Nazi motorcycle and no one will know any difference.
    Has anyone ever seen the old biker movies with Jack Nicholson in them? Jeeze, talk about cheesey movies!!
    DG
    Quote from Vanna White

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...VannaWhite.jpg

Fishhead Big Brakes
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/dgfischer/Fishhead%20Big%20BRakes/?albumview=slideshow

The all time best "vintage movie", hands down Steve Mcqueen's Bullet! horrible plot, bad acting, but the best car chase EVER! i watch the car chase seen about 20 times a year.
    Did you hear about the pirate with two wooden legs?

They caught fire and burned his ass to the ground!

From what I understand, Steve McQueen wanted to do that whole car chase scene in Bullet on motorcycles originally. He wanted to go sliding around the corners flat track style, but the studio pretty much freaked out at the idea and said "NO WAY" as it was way dangerous and Steve wouldn't allow a stunt double.
    I was right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo, and somebody was giving booze to these goddam things.

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    The Great Escape is in one of my top 10 movies and finally picked up the two disc issue which went pretty indepth into the movie and whatnot. My burnt version finally wouldn't play anymore so I had to man up and of all Mcqueen movies. It's not even included with his boxset that's out. It's not a automobile movie but The Sand Pebbles is also a great Mcqueen dvd if you can find it and in the correct region code if you don't have a region free dvd player.
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

Sponsored Links