Nothing is new.......
Close

Nothing is new.......

This is a discussion on Nothing is new....... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I remember when the "first" leaning trikes hit the 'net and magazines a few years ago and everyone seemed so amazed. Say hi to grandpa.... ...

Nothing is new.......

I remember when the "first" leaning trikes hit the 'net and magazines a few years ago and everyone seemed so amazed. Say hi to grandpa....
    http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2008/...heel-race-car/
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

reminds me of the early days of suspension mountain bikes (late 1980's)....many of the "new" ideas couldn't be patented because they had already been done 100 years earlier. the roads were terrible back then...no pavement and pneumatic tires weren't around yet. some very innovative suspension designs were spawned due to neccessity. and leonardo da'vinci came up with some cool things long before even the need arose...think two wheels and you're close. thanks for the link swags.
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

reminds me of the early days of suspension mountain bikes (late 1980's)....many of the "new" ideas couldn't be patented because they had already been done 100 years earlier. the roads were terrible back then...no pavement and pneumatic tires weren't around yet. some very innovative suspension designs were spawned due to neccessity. and leonardo da'vinci came up with some cool things long before even the need arose...think two wheels and you're close. thanks for the link swags.
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Douglas had a banking sidecar in the 20s. The banking was controlled by the passenger. Won the 1927 TT.

"The only thing new is the history you don't know."
    Harry S(without a period) Truman
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

Douglas had a banking sidecar in the 20s. The banking was controlled by the passenger. Won the 1927 TT.

"The only thing new is the history you don't know."
    Harry S(without a period) Truman
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

Say hello to my little friend ... I just love that quote.

Anyway...Douglas made some very cool shit a very long time ago. Their water cooled two stroke, two cylinder sounds like an RD when it's running and they made it in like the freakin 1300's...I think Dracula rode one.
    JohnnyB

Say hello to my little friend ... I just love that quote.

Anyway...Douglas made some very cool shit a very long time ago. Their water cooled two stroke, two cylinder sounds like an RD when it's running and they made it in like the freakin 1300's...I think Dracula rode one.
    JohnnyB

Sponsored Links