NE USA Ice Storm
Close

NE USA Ice Storm

This is a discussion on NE USA Ice Storm within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Fortunately I still have power...many in my area are still w/out power....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NE USA Ice Storm

Fortunately I still have power...many in my area are still w/out power.

Lot power thursday night. Got it back sunday morning. We have a generator, so we just kept it fed for a few days. We got the internets back yesterday evening. Lucky none of our big pines fell on the house.

Speaking of ice...

I still need a 18" rear tire. Anyone have one for sale? FR?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

We lost power for 2 seconds. My sister inlaw lives 20 miles away and still has no power.

At my work lost power and we ran our four V16 generators all weekend and just shut them off today. 15,000 gallons of fuel went bye, bye.

lost-man
    64 cylinders of generation must be supplying some big amps/hr...not to mention 15,000 gallons of (deisel?) fuel. $40+ thou....oh my heavens....what does your company do...move mountains?
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

Biotech company. 900 amps each phase across 4 generators. In the Biotech Industry the finished product is worth alot more than the cost of Diesel (off road red) and the hit we will get from the EPA. We had product in the final stages and they are not willing to lose a batch when we can just run on generators.

We got creamed here in Portland this weekend, kinda early for us. Still some ice on the roadways though mostly cleared off. Sitting at 18* right now (looking at my digital thermometer) and we're supposed to have another storm tomorrow or the next day, this one is supposed to have a lot of moisture, the weather goons are saying 5-8" of accumulation over the existing ice.
    Doesn't sound all that bad, but we generally only get a day or two of light snow a year here, none of these transplanted Californians knows how do drive in the wet....never mind slippery.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Sucks to be you guys.

Where I live I don't own chains or screws for my tires. Hand me an ice scraper and I won't know what to do with it.

Chicago got 5-8'' of snow yesterday, and we are said to get 1/4'' of ice tomorrow just before rush hour.
    <b>P r o T e a l 5 5
    MEMBER: Half Fast Chicago</b>

No power for six days now, power company says we've got a couple more to go out in our corner of the puckerbrush. It's getting old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links