Cafe Racer Forum banner

no love for Lux?

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  bfd 
#1 ·
It's been nearly a week and the only mention of Lux Interior dying was on the Mojo Nixon radio show.
truly sad day

#17 ·
It's been odd to me the places I've seen this talked about, the huge influence they had.

A few Cramps songs are staples of mine, but never considered myself "into" them.

Then I think about that I can remember the circumstances when I heard my first Cramps song, in high school 1987. And that "bad music for bad people" is a phrase I use almost daily. Probably had more influence on me than I even realize.

It sucks to be getting to a point where your heroes die, not from drugs or accidents, but because they're getting old.

#19 ·
quote: For me the day that the music died was when Gary Glitter went to prison.
JohnnyB- Patriots touchdowns at Foxboro have never been as good since they stopped using that song

I remember coming home from a bicycle race once, stuck in traffic on 93 outside Concord NH, and I think it was "Let's get F****d up" was playing in my vanagon. It was really hot out so all the more amusing when the lady in the car next to me rolled up her windows.
She wasn't feeling it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.