RI member
Close

RI member

This is a discussion on RI member within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hey guys, I'm Trevor from Rhode Island Been browsing your site for a while, but never thought to register until I saw the vocal hatred ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RI member

RI member

Hey guys, I'm Trevor from Rhode Island
    Been browsing your site for a while, but never thought to register until I saw the vocal hatred for hipsters you guys have (courtesy of the "Knee Indents" post).

Needless to say, my current bike is a 1982 Honda CX500C which is in its second stage of construction.
    The first phase was just a quick "get her to run and ready to ride" set up consisting of a Deluxe model tank, adjustable clubmans (I know, I know. they are really comfortable though), a 2-into-1 exhaust, pods, re-jet, new seat ect.

Pics of Phase Zero:

Phase One:
    -Note: I neglected to do rear sets in phase one. It's in the works now.

Phase Two (in the works now) consists of cleaning up and powder coating the frame, clip-ons, new seat mount and new tail light, rear sets, and a complete re-wire among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Cx500s suck balls. I lived in Woonsocket, N. Smithfield, Barrington, and Cumberland. Too lazy to read your bio. Where exactly are you? Nobody lives in Providence but hipster poseurs.

Oh yeah, your bike sucks. Welcome aboard.

Actually I have been to many worse cities than Providence... I currently call Detroit-ish home.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

nothing wrong with the adjustable clubmans - they help avoid the issue that cause the discord about them here.

where did you get that seat? oh, and welcome!

EDIT: I see you changed to the CX gas tank that doesn't suck. Good work!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

ahah yea the CX does kind of suck... it had originally been listed as a CB500 and when i went to look at it and realized the listing was wrong the guy dropped the price waaaay too low to walk away.

I live just south of Providence, and as much as I love the architecture and location of the city, its definitely overrun by hipsters (when you have Brown university and RISD in one city, what do you expect)

luckily I haven't seen many hipsters on bikes yet... i think they're all gravitating toward vespas here.

The seat was one from Air-tech (didn't have time to make one all "proper like") that I had upholstered in faux ostrich skin

oh and heres a beer to Judeyramone, the one to initiate my brutal baptism of fire into the unforgiving site known as caferacer.net
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

quote:Originally posted by CaTacL1sm

luckily I haven't seen many hipsters on bikes yet... i think they're all gravitating toward vespas here.
    Rockers vs. Mods! Time for a riot!

Welcome,
    Don't even listen to Judey, he is a whining crybaby.
    I like the CX, cause it is different. You might want to spring (pun intended) for some decent shocks and tires,
    Adjustable clubman bars are cool.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

unga,
    we will just have to get buddy cianci to take em all out!!
    Johnnyracer

its kind of funny actually...

I was riding down the street in the artsy side of Prov. and i see coming towards me a group of 50 or so scooters... boy did I turn onto a side street fast!

but yea I'm still undecided as to whether or not to keep the clubmans, heres the only pic I have of them (the most important parts at least):

run em over!!!! scoot scoot crunch
    latered

Nobody needs to like anything on that bike (including the bars)- but you. Run what ya brung.
    LOOK OUT IT\'S COMING THIS WAY!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links