Hands aching after a riding
Close

This is a discussion on Hands aching after a riding within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Guys, my hands ache after i get done riding, is it possible the grips are not cushioning or something? I know this sounds funny, but ...

Guys, my hands ache after i get done riding, is it possible the grips are not cushioning or something? I know this sounds funny, but I am looking for some ideas!

Make sure that your levers are rotated down. Your hands should be straight in line with your arms when using the levers.

I had the same problem and moving the levers helped a ton. There is no way that every bike suits every rider, you need to adjust stuff.

The other thing is to use you stomach muscles to support some of you weight, not just your wrist.

Make sure that your levers are rotated down. Your hands should be straight in line with your arms when using the levers.

I had the same problem and moving the levers helped a ton. There is no way that every bike suits every rider, you need to adjust stuff.

The other thing is to use you stomach muscles to support some of you weight, not just your wrist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

what kind of bars you have on your bike? how about a pic?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

what kind of bars you have on your bike? how about a pic?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs (or even your toes,) not your arches. No, I'm not kidding. This will make a dramatic difference in the amount of weight carried on your wrists. Ideally, legs support all your weight and arms are used for steering. The closest you can get to that, the better.

Also, make sure you're gripping loosely rather than tightly. And figure out whether vibration plays a role.

The other thing to consider is whether your palm meets the grip evenly all the way across. If the outside of your palm presses harder, you'll compress the ulnar nerve which can cause pain or numbness. This is a particular problem of broad-shouldered people.

This problem is most always solvable, but the solutions are not always obvious.

Ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs (or even your toes,) not your arches. No, I'm not kidding. This will make a dramatic difference in the amount of weight carried on your wrists. Ideally, legs support all your weight and arms are used for steering. The closest you can get to that, the better.

Also, make sure you're gripping loosely rather than tightly. And figure out whether vibration plays a role.

The other thing to consider is whether your palm meets the grip evenly all the way across. If the outside of your palm presses harder, you'll compress the ulnar nerve which can cause pain or numbness. This is a particular problem of broad-shouldered people.

This problem is most always solvable, but the solutions are not always obvious.

Sponsored Links