This Weekend!! MSF!! Buell??
Close

This is a discussion on This Weekend!! MSF!! Buell?? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; This weekend I have been taking my MSF course like all of you suggested, and a few things occured to me that I figured I ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

This weekend I have been taking my MSF course like all of you suggested, and a few things occured to me that I figured I would share with you.

First thing is I am taking the course at the Harley dealership down the street from me, and we have been riding the Buell blast for training purposes. Other than the new Iron 883 I am not big on Harley but I will tell you this little Buell I am starting to warm up to...

I really would consider buying one of these bikes...They have a new bike out that is actually called a cafe racer.

And then I found this...

it looks as if someone really customized the current xb model

But then I found out what happenes when you give one of these to the Japanese!!!!
    <object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xprctInVKq4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xprctInVKq4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Sick..!!! anyway I will be done with my course tomorrow and will recieve my endorsement. I will then be official!

1974 Honda CB 360 T
    Orlando, Fl
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/bdn3d/Crew.jpg
    \"Good things may come to those who wait, but only what\'s left by those who hustle.\"
    -George Washington

Buells are odd beasts. You have to be impressed by a company that starts with a motor that would be at home in a tractor and somehow makes a credible sportbike out of it. But god damn, Buells hurt my eyes. They look like some dweeb with a CAD program designed them while on a break from making video games.

You have to admire a company that elevates function so far over form, but when you make almost no concessions at all to the traditional shape of a motorcyle, you end up with an shape that only an engineer could love.

Buells are odd beasts. You have to be impressed by a company that starts with a motor that would be at home in a tractor and somehow makes a credible sportbike out of it. But god damn, Buells hurt my eyes. They look like some dweeb with a CAD program designed them while on a break from making video games.

You have to admire a company that elevates function so far over form, but when you make almost no concessions at all to the traditional shape of a motorcyle, you end up with an shape that only an engineer could love.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I kinda like them. But then again, I am an engineer.

I kinda like them. But then again, I am an engineer.

A somewhat smallish and quirky bike. I have a feeling that the people who don't "get" them don't understand why owners love them.
    This Yahoo Group is pretty good; http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/The-Buell-Blast/
    The guy who runs it is dead-on honest about the bikes.
    The Yamaha SR500 is faster but kick-start only. The GB500 is about the same size and definitely faster- but harder to find now.
    If you like it- go for it. That's a LOT better than one of the small feet-forward bikes many of those classes use.
    LOOK OUT IT\'S COMING THIS WAY!

A somewhat smallish and quirky bike. I have a feeling that the people who don't "get" them don't understand why owners love them.
    This Yahoo Group is pretty good; http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/The-Buell-Blast/
    The guy who runs it is dead-on honest about the bikes.
    The Yamaha SR500 is faster but kick-start only. The GB500 is about the same size and definitely faster- but harder to find now.
    If you like it- go for it. That's a LOT better than one of the small feet-forward bikes many of those classes use.
    LOOK OUT IT\'S COMING THIS WAY!

Buells are those bikes that folks either love them or hate them . I however love them . Erik Buell does some pretty daring designs compared to what everyone else is doing . Fuel in frame , oil in swingarm , belt drive sport bike with translucent bodywork . Then after they pull off that love-hate contraption they push the envelope with the liquid cooled gobot bikes pushing 160hp at a competitive price . Erik Buell thoroughly deserves the honorable " Brass Balls " award .
    If they call a sheep a ram.
    And a donkey an ass.
    Why do they call a ram in the ass a goose?

Buells are those bikes that folks either love them or hate them . I however love them . Erik Buell does some pretty daring designs compared to what everyone else is doing . Fuel in frame , oil in swingarm , belt drive sport bike with translucent bodywork . Then after they pull off that love-hate contraption they push the envelope with the liquid cooled gobot bikes pushing 160hp at a competitive price . Erik Buell thoroughly deserves the honorable " Brass Balls " award .
    If they call a sheep a ram.
    And a donkey an ass.
    Why do they call a ram in the ass a goose?

older buells can be a real bargain if you are looking for one. I always liked the looks of the older lightning but it kinda misses the point of owning a buell which is centered around innovation.

here is a 99 lightning for frame of reference:
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links