sigh.
Close

sigh.

This is a discussion on sigh. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; so I've been keeping my eye out for a Suzuki GT750. I really like 2 strokes, and that bike especially. I've been lusting about one ...

Thread: sigh.

sigh.

so I've been keeping my eye out for a Suzuki GT750. I really like 2 strokes, and that bike especially. I've been lusting about one for a while (is that weird?)

One came up for sale locally, and I got real excited, since it was actually at a price I could (barely) afford. My wife was not happy about another bike, but she was awesome about it anyway because this was a bike that, as she says, "actually goes down the road." she rocks!

so, I was super pumped about it, and I went to go see it. The guy wanted 1300 for it.

What can I say about it? It was a project that ran. He hadn't changed the coolant in it in 18 years (a quote!) You should have seen the crap that came out of the coolant tank. He'd had some guy work on the carbs a couple years ago, and hadn't noticed the guy hadn't really attached the airbox, so he'd been running the bike for 2 years sucking dust and crap right into the carbs.

all the chrome left was covering rust. the forks were leaking. the seat latch was broken. the tires were cracked. the best thing you could say about it was that it actually ran and stopped pretty well - he let me take it for a spin. it did have this horrifying fairing on it that looks like hell, but that at least came right off. I can honestly say it wasn't much better than my CB450 was when I found that (a 50 dollar bike).

plenty of pickup tho - I was a little nervous riding it because it wasn't my bike, and that thing is heavy. I had some low-speed shake on it that I wasn't sure if it was the bike or my nerves.

with all of that shit wrong with it, it clearly was not worth that kind of cash to me, but after a quick spin up and down the road through the curves, I have to say I was really depressed about saying "no." man it sounded good.

some fool is going to buy that bike. it was almost me.
    "This site is bullshit."

I would offer $750. Even if you scrap it, you can make that back from a running buffalo.
    http://www.kaleesphotography.com/photoartclub/Shocksproject/shocksproject.html

1981 GS750E, K&N pods, GS500 rear wheel, FZR600 front end, rewound stator, F4i R/R, 520 conversion, full Kerker exhaust, some trick \"looking\" shocks that may kill me, a little of this, a little of that...

I would offer $750. Even if you scrap it, you can make that back from a running buffalo.

1981 GS750E, K&N pods, GS500 rear wheel, FZR600 front end, rewound stator, F4i R/R, 520 conversion, full Kerker exhaust, some trick \"looking\" shocks that may kill me, a little of this, a little of that...

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

oh, I bet he gets his 1300. it just doesn't make sense to spend that kinda cash on another project.

oh, I bet he gets his 1300. it just doesn't make sense to spend that kinda cash on another project.

it's entirely your decision...I just have a hard time not offering what I feel is fair to work with a bike, but I part out quite a few on the side so half of the old bikes I find I just see dollar signs printed on. It's not hard to take a $50 bike and flip an even grand out of it if you know what to pick up and where to move parts.

On the other hand, though...imagine what one of your current rides could do with $750...or even $1300, for that matter.

it's entirely your decision...I just have a hard time not offering what I feel is fair to work with a bike, but I part out quite a few on the side so half of the old bikes I find I just see dollar signs printed on. It's not hard to take a $50 bike and flip an even grand out of it if you know what to pick up and where to move parts.

On the other hand, though...imagine what one of your current rides could do with $750...or even $1300, for that matter.

Sponsored Links