New Race Bike
Close

New Race Bike

This is a discussion on New Race Bike within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; This is my new race bike. http://www.triumphman.com/temp/feather.jpg...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Race Bike

New Race Bike

mvdusa.com

JD
    looks light

thats sweet! where'd you find it?

I don't know how light it is but it seems to weigh a ton when I went to move it, but I did get up before 11:00am today so my body was still trying to adjust. I found it in my shop. I woke up went to work and when I opened the door, there it was. My boss is very cool. If you tell Paula this, maybe she will start putting motorcycle stuff in your office.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Aaron,
    What year is that frame? Jen says hi, and thank your boss for the shirts, they are getting a lot of wear (way more than miles on the bike right now, no insurance, no registration.)
    Ray

wha???? hutch is giving away shirts???

bastard!!! i never got one!

just kidding

jc

Hello Ray and Jen,
    The frame is a 1965 Norton Featherbed, and will have a 806cc or a 750cc Triumph motor put in by July. I haven't decided on which motor yet but I'm looking forward to racing it in the Open GP class.
    It was really cool seeing guys that day, even though Jen was a little under the weather. Your bike looks different everytime I see it, and I do like the flames. Have you, your bike, or Jen been in any more magazines lately?

Aaron

Joe, no offense but Rays wife is better advertising than you are.

quote:
    looks light

thats sweet! where'd you find it?

Stock Triumph frame is 45 pounds with no swing arm

Stock Oil n' Frame is 44 pounds with no swing arm

Feather bed was 49 pounds with swing arm and shocks. Not bad, although always hoping for lighter. Seems to be real light if handling is figured in to the package deal.

quote:
    Hello Ray and Jen,
    The frame is a 1965 Norton Featherbed, and will have a 806cc or a 750cc Triumph motor put in by July. I haven't decided on which motor yet but I'm looking forward to racing it in the Open GP class.
    It was really cool seeing guys that day, even though Jen was a little under the weather. Your bike looks different everytime I see it, and I do like the flames. Have you, your bike, or Jen been in any more magazines lately?

Aaron

Joe, no offense but Rays wife is better advertising than you are.

Lets try this again. Please place the word "you" between seeing and guys.

Aaron,
    Naw, no more magazines for us. That experience was just way too painful, dealing with those morons from the magazine and all the shit we had to put up with just to get a couple of copies and a t-shirt. After I told a bunch of people how poorly they had treated us, never delivering what they promised without so much bitching, then the editor started insulting Jen and my bike, saying she looks like a horse and the bike is the ugliest thing he has ever seen. We don't bother with those people anymore. Thanks for the compliments on the flames, did it myself in the backyard with some masking tape and a couple of rattle cans of Krylon. Going to work on putting the springer front end on if I can ever save up some money to get the front wheel from hutch, he says it is like $250 bucks. Bike is leaking like a mutherfucker, but I can't really complain cause it sat upside down in a milk crate for almost a year and a half. You can't expect seals to hold up being abused like that. I just ride it like hell every now and again, and don't worry about the oil.

JD
    quote: Stock Triumph frame is 45 pounds with no swing arm

Stock Oil n' Frame is 44 pounds with no swing arm

Feather bed was 49 pounds with swing arm and shocks. Not bad, although always hoping for lighter. Seems to be real light if handling is figured in to the package deal.
    thats not bad, but I was joking about it being light (for a racebike there ain't much on it, get it)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links