Stainless CB350 Exhaust--For Sale! - Page 2
Close

Stainless CB350 Exhaust--For Sale!

This is a discussion on Stainless CB350 Exhaust--For Sale! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; whoa......take it easy there.... nice pipe. that fucker is going to be loud! id go the opposite direction from hack. rubber isolators. mcmeaster sells em. ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    whoa......take it easy there....

nice pipe. that fucker is going to be loud!

id go the opposite direction from hack. rubber isolators. mcmeaster sells em. if you rigid mount it, theres a good chance youll get some cracks. leave the front the way it is, and use an isolator at the back. i have no problem with the single springs. you can always safety wire the loops together.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

they are much more likely to break if allowed to swing from the head

they aren't rubber mounted to the ports

quite rigid there and should be from one end to the other
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

they are much more likely to break if allowed to swing from the head

they aren't rubber mounted to the ports

quite rigid there and should be from one end to the other
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

ground clearance is pretty significantly reduced....sano welds.

what does it sound like....does it run...idle?

tex

advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

ground clearance is pretty significantly reduced....sano welds.

what does it sound like....does it run...idle?

tex

advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Eli:

Yep, you're right. i stand correct. Thanks for helping our country out.

Tex:

It does look like ground clearence is effected, but in reality, I don't think it is. I probably won't hop any curves or anything, so it should be fine. I had a similar 2-1 setup under there last summer and didn't have any issues. Hopefully, this works well.

Hack:

Tobe be honest, unless something bad happens, that is what it is. I will weld on two more mounts near the front to tie the exhaust to the motor mounts--one mount per primary. I think that will work well.

I get what you mean about doing a threaded clamp instead of springs. If the springs don't work, that will certainly be plan-B.

I think the system is extremely well made. Each well is perfect--thanks for the help on that. I'm calling you this week to chat about aluminum.

Also, note that the bends that go under the bike in the first few pictures ended up not working out. I had to cut them off and weld new bends on. I honestly think this system will work well.

The one issue it has is where the mega meets the collector. I had my 13-year old hold the mega in place whilst I tacked it. She got it a bit wrong and stupidly, I just capped it off and welded away with out checking. Basically, there is about 3/8" of the collector INSIDE the mega. I don't think it will effect performance, but if you look into the mega, you can see the mistake. Live and learn.

All:

I should say that I hate making 2-1 exhaust. I thought it would be great fun, but it turns out it is a shitload of work. I have a bunch of stainless bends left over. If anyone wants 2-2 high pipes (like on the CL350) contact me. The won't be cheap, but they will look good. Thanks for following along.

--Chris

Eli:

Yep, you're right. i stand correct. Thanks for helping our country out.

Tex:

It does look like ground clearence is effected, but in reality, I don't think it is. I probably won't hop any curves or anything, so it should be fine. I had a similar 2-1 setup under there last summer and didn't have any issues. Hopefully, this works well.

Hack:

Tobe be honest, unless something bad happens, that is what it is. I will weld on two more mounts near the front to tie the exhaust to the motor mounts--one mount per primary. I think that will work well.

I get what you mean about doing a threaded clamp instead of springs. If the springs don't work, that will certainly be plan-B.

I think the system is extremely well made. Each well is perfect--thanks for the help on that. I'm calling you this week to chat about aluminum.

Also, note that the bends that go under the bike in the first few pictures ended up not working out. I had to cut them off and weld new bends on. I honestly think this system will work well.

The one issue it has is where the mega meets the collector. I had my 13-year old hold the mega in place whilst I tacked it. She got it a bit wrong and stupidly, I just capped it off and welded away with out checking. Basically, there is about 3/8" of the collector INSIDE the mega. I don't think it will effect performance, but if you look into the mega, you can see the mistake. Live and learn.

All:

I should say that I hate making 2-1 exhaust. I thought it would be great fun, but it turns out it is a shitload of work. I have a bunch of stainless bends left over. If anyone wants 2-2 high pipes (like on the CL350) contact me. The won't be cheap, but they will look good. Thanks for following along.

--Chris

the megaphone is going to be really fun to tune

it will require much mid-range lean-ness

and I do think the 1.5 diameter is rather large

I'd simply like to have seen much better flowing lines that are tucked up nice and snug to the bike and it really wouldn't take much to make that happen from where you are. Not trying to be overly critical, you've done very well and I certainly am aware how much work it is to do a set of one off pipes.

I think you'd not hate doing them nearly as much if say..... shorten the 90 on the straight where it goes into the head and terminate down closer in towards the frame

use only enough of the rest of that 90 to bring your pipes down at the same angle as the frame down-tube and/or line which goes with the engine/frame

and then get a bit more crafty with that area where it goes under the bike

you don't have to rework the two spring deals but doing it without them would have been less work.

If it ever works out where you can load up with whatever you have cooking and head this way

holler at me, I'd really like to have been there while you were doing this one and am pretty sure, that together, we could have made three sets in the same amount of time... two for sure

generally, I like to have at least two other non-blind people around when I do pipes to help sight things end and hold stuff

I like to roll everything out of the shop and also turn the lift so I can raise the bike up to eye level

and be able to step back and look at it from ten steps as things progress

btw....... I keep J bends on hand...... and one of them would have made those just fine

I'd like to see the high pipes, I might be interested and I'd also need some dimensions if you have multi-pix of them taken with a readable scale or yard stick of some sort

the megaphone is going to be really fun to tune

it will require much mid-range lean-ness

and I do think the 1.5 diameter is rather large

I'd simply like to have seen much better flowing lines that are tucked up nice and snug to the bike and it really wouldn't take much to make that happen from where you are. Not trying to be overly critical, you've done very well and I certainly am aware how much work it is to do a set of one off pipes.

I think you'd not hate doing them nearly as much if say..... shorten the 90 on the straight where it goes into the head and terminate down closer in towards the frame

use only enough of the rest of that 90 to bring your pipes down at the same angle as the frame down-tube and/or line which goes with the engine/frame

and then get a bit more crafty with that area where it goes under the bike

you don't have to rework the two spring deals but doing it without them would have been less work.

If it ever works out where you can load up with whatever you have cooking and head this way

holler at me, I'd really like to have been there while you were doing this one and am pretty sure, that together, we could have made three sets in the same amount of time... two for sure

generally, I like to have at least two other non-blind people around when I do pipes to help sight things end and hold stuff

I like to roll everything out of the shop and also turn the lift so I can raise the bike up to eye level

and be able to step back and look at it from ten steps as things progress

btw....... I keep J bends on hand...... and one of them would have made those just fine

I'd like to see the high pipes, I might be interested and I'd also need some dimensions if you have multi-pix of them taken with a readable scale or yard stick of some sort

btw....... how many inches from the bottom of the pipes to the ground with the bike stood up straight?

on a rigid with minimal front suspension travel

I find that less than 4.5" results in the bottom of the bike not getting along much with the real world and I am quite sure several of these guys that beat the snot out of there bikes can tell you how much clearance they have without bashing the bottom

high centering a bike can really be a rough proposition

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links