Stainless CB350 Exhaust--For Sale! - Page 3
Close

Stainless CB350 Exhaust--For Sale!

This is a discussion on Stainless CB350 Exhaust--For Sale! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; btw....... how many inches from the bottom of the pipes to the ground with the bike stood up straight? on a rigid with minimal front ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    btw....... how many inches from the bottom of the pipes to the ground with the bike stood up straight?

on a rigid with minimal front suspension travel

I find that less than 4.5" results in the bottom of the bike not getting along much with the real world and I am quite sure several of these guys that beat the snot out of there bikes can tell you how much clearance they have without bashing the bottom

high centering a bike can really be a rough proposition
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

My old meg was almost exactly in the same place, but slightly smaller diameter. It dragged pretty bad at two points on the track with the shocks at full preload. One turn is an uphill transition right-hander (T3 at NHMS)and the other is a downhill bumpy transition right-hander. Street lean angles probably won't cause it, but just be aware. Maybe make a little feeler gauge for it the first few times out? My new setup uses a mid-pipe after the collector to move the meg back and up so that the outlet is just behind the rear axle. It would be an easy fix if you find that you have issues.
    USCRA #113 FCB fodder

My old meg was almost exactly in the same place, but slightly smaller diameter. It dragged pretty bad at two points on the track with the shocks at full preload. One turn is an uphill transition right-hander (T3 at NHMS)and the other is a downhill bumpy transition right-hander. Street lean angles probably won't cause it, but just be aware. Maybe make a little feeler gauge for it the first few times out? My new setup uses a mid-pipe after the collector to move the meg back and up so that the outlet is just behind the rear axle. It would be an easy fix if you find that you have issues.
    USCRA #113 FCB fodder

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

how much ground clearance do you have at the lowest point under your bike, how much suspension travel, and what is the max lean angle with suspension fully compressed?

there have been times I've been about convinced a street bike needs even more clearance, under and to the sides, than a race bike that is only ridden on relatively smooth pavement pretty much devoid of road hazards, huge pot holes, speed bumps and such as that

Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

how much ground clearance do you have at the lowest point under your bike, how much suspension travel, and what is the max lean angle with suspension fully compressed?

there have been times I've been about convinced a street bike needs even more clearance, under and to the sides, than a race bike that is only ridden on relatively smooth pavement pretty much devoid of road hazards, huge pot holes, speed bumps and such as that

thats why you dont need to tie the header into the head completely tight either. rigid mounting the entire thing is a bad idea. i isolate my pipes now. no more cracking brackets. the race pipes are completely loose fitting with isolators at the rear. not doing it will almost always break something. so i gotta disagree. and no i didnt make that up. take a walk around any paddock and move the pipes with your hand. the constant frequency of those bikes will cause shit to just come apart. if i could list the pile of shit ive replace on a 350 from racing it. and thats only 8 laps a race, on a 2 mile track. maybe 30-40 laps a weekend. 6 weekends a year max. fenders have cracked. battery boxes. tach mounting plates. exhausts. frames. so, i cant see isolating the exhaust on a street bike is such a bad idea. just try it. also, if you isolate it, you can probably keep the little bracket and not use some huge thing.

if you toss that thing into a corner, the compressed suspension will cause it to hit. youll hit it for sure. fuck, we drag pegs mounted in the same spot on the racebikes. and thats with the rear raised an inch. that pipe looks to be about 6" below that. i'll post a pic of the 2-1 that bj just got rid of. he drug a hole in it big enough to have the baffle fall out. it looks to be about the same size, and its mounted higher up. i still dig it though. be a shame to toss it in one day and thrash the side of that nice looking pipe.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

thats why you dont need to tie the header into the head completely tight either. rigid mounting the entire thing is a bad idea. i isolate my pipes now. no more cracking brackets. the race pipes are completely loose fitting with isolators at the rear. not doing it will almost always break something. so i gotta disagree. and no i didnt make that up. take a walk around any paddock and move the pipes with your hand. the constant frequency of those bikes will cause shit to just come apart. if i could list the pile of shit ive replace on a 350 from racing it. and thats only 8 laps a race, on a 2 mile track. maybe 30-40 laps a weekend. 6 weekends a year max. fenders have cracked. battery boxes. tach mounting plates. exhausts. frames. so, i cant see isolating the exhaust on a street bike is such a bad idea. just try it. also, if you isolate it, you can probably keep the little bracket and not use some huge thing.

if you toss that thing into a corner, the compressed suspension will cause it to hit. youll hit it for sure. fuck, we drag pegs mounted in the same spot on the racebikes. and thats with the rear raised an inch. that pipe looks to be about 6" below that. i'll post a pic of the 2-1 that bj just got rid of. he drug a hole in it big enough to have the baffle fall out. it looks to be about the same size, and its mounted higher up. i still dig it though. be a shame to toss it in one day and thrash the side of that nice looking pipe.

I know you're a perfectionist but why the worry about slag inside the megaphone from the last weld that you forgot to backpurge? Do you think it'll have that big of an effect on your lap times? I can see if that pipe fed a turbocharger or something but anything inside the pipe that breaks off will just get blown out the rear. Sure does look purdy.

I know you're a perfectionist but why the worry about slag inside the megaphone from the last weld that you forgot to backpurge? Do you think it'll have that big of an effect on your lap times? I can see if that pipe fed a turbocharger or something but anything inside the pipe that breaks off will just get blown out the rear. Sure does look purdy.

actually, with the slip fit, you should be able to mount the meg on an isolator. the slip fit will allow it to move enough. the slag isn't to be worried about from a performance standpoint really.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links