Unimportant, but I need to vent. - Page 2
Close

Unimportant, but I need to vent.

This is a discussion on Unimportant, but I need to vent. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I can't resist posting up my little one on the bike. My wife made me give my word, that I won't take her riding any ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can't resist posting up my little one on the bike. My wife made me give my word, that I won't take her riding any time soon. That's gonna be a hard promise to keep.

\"If you don’t follow through on your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable.\"
    -Burt Munro

oh my goodness y'all have some absolutely adorable kids.
    i can't imagine the frustration of her trying to ruin your time and your kids' time. she's lucky that she's got an ex who actually wants to be around for the kids. thumbs up to you for being an awesome dad, and happy father's day.

Hey Gringo, get that girl off the bike until she has some proper footwear on!
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Some of my fondest memories of my father were the bike rides he took me on as a kid....and I don't have many memories...he's still alive and we are closer now than we were then....but the rides were something that stuck with me for life.
    JohnnyB

quote:Originally posted by Judeyramone

Hey Gringo, get that girl off the bike until she has some proper footwear on!
    The riding uniform of the HD set in south Florida is as follows.
    Flip-flops
    shorts
    muscle T
    no helmet
    tribal and/or flame tatoos

She's got to stop those damn growth spirts before she gets some proper Rocker's leather.
    \"If you don’t follow through on your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable.\"
    -Burt Munro

leo

When my Ex started making noises about a divorce (10 years ago now), I pretty much went off the deep end emotionally. Having grown up in a pretty wacky family with seemingly more then its share of problems, keeping "my" family together was everything.

As the Ex's agenda intensified, life seemed out of control (at least mine) and I was angry, heartbroken, sacred and confused. With all this confusion and anxiety churning in my head one night, I couldn't sleep, so went for a walk.

As uncertain and painful as the future seemed, horror of horrors I realized I couldn't control my wife, my family, or much else. But I was devastated that she seemed hell bent on destroying the family.

Then it occurred to me. Yeah, the family going to change. Yeah, life's going to be a bit of a mess. Yeah, everything's all fucked up, and not perfect.

BUT, with all change coming down the pike, one thing SHE can't change. I will always be those children's father. And only I can determine what kind of Father I am, and will be.

With that realization, fear gave way to some measure of peace. When it comes to being a Dad, the ball is always in MY court.

Whatever the familial challenge I was facing, I always have tried to keep that in mind.

Judey,
    Sounds like you are a great Dad, and you're doing a great job. Keep doing the right thing, and don't get sucked into the Ex's BS.

Sorry for the walk down memory lane, this thread was a bit of a flash back for me.

Cheers,
    Leo

PS- BTW, when it comes to the kids, it's all important.

bcr
    +1 on Leo's comment: when it comes to the kids, it's all important.
    the applicable old truism from the teaching biz is: on the open house night, you always see the parents that you don't need to see.

going for a ride on the back of a bike implies a level of trust that is not an automatic. It's great that you to can share in the adventures. keep up the good work. cheers, bcr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links