New to the Forum. - Page 2
Close

New to the Forum.

This is a discussion on New to the Forum. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; geet, your my $500 paint guy....i reduced your prices for you to drum up some new business. get crackin'! -tex mawby, your new manager...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    geet,

your my $500 paint guy....i reduced your prices for you to drum up some new business.

get crackin'!

-tex mawby, your new manager
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

I plan on doing as much work as I can myself. Painting etc. I am going to make this a street legal bike, no matter what it takes. I am not looking for an exact vintage replica, just something I can put some sweat into and then ride around on the streets, and go to shows and whatnot. The cost of the bike is $400 and my budget is around $2000 total (maybe a little more if I can find that fairing).

Is that fairing all 1 piece or is it multiple pieces?
    What would not be street leagal about this bike? (other than lights)

i know this much. i dont pay any where near that kind of scratch for my paint jobs.

turn signals didnt come out til about 69. so thats lame. shit, even cars didnt have corner markers til what, 68? how the hell are you supposed to put signals on a 6v electric system?? how are you supposed to mount shit, run wires, install fuses, put on switches? i wouldnt do it.

we got stopped in brooklyn for justin not having his headlite on. when the cop stopped us he said it was out. and justin had to explain to the cop that that era bike had switchable headlights. he didnt give a shit about my broken taillight or missing mirror though. moron.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:Originally posted by KooL4444

I plan on doing as much work as I can myself. Painting etc. I am going to make this a street legal bike, no matter what it takes. I am not looking for an exact vintage replica, just something I can put some sweat into and then ride around on the streets, and go to shows and whatnot. The cost of the bike is $400 and my budget is around $2000 total (maybe a little more if I can find that fairing).

Is that fairing all 1 piece or is it multiple pieces?
    What would not be street leagal about this bike? (other than lights)

and technically if the tank is glass, its not street legal.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    That tank and seat looks like a Toad Town Racing stuff. I think you could score all the glass for under a grand. The seat and tank from TTR runs like four hundred and the fairing I've seen GFTP for 300'ish last time I look. I think you could easily get that stuff and have it painted for just about a grand. I had my old Corolla painted and clearcoated for 300 two years ago from an actual shop. Hell, call up your local Maaco's and have them spray it.
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

I hate painting. I keep hoping I'll get better at it - I don't think I ever will. I think I'll be OK if I keep everything white.

fairing for 300.. better geta windscreen with that... glas tanks are not street legal? carbon sounds like alloy when ya tap on it

ha ha
    latered

Kool,

I have two bikes for you to choose from-
    '75 CB360, ride it home, have title in my name. asking $900, cash talks.
    '70 CB350, coming in a couple weeks, checked it out today. stock except for mufflers, will run good when I sell it, no papers. $600 plus or minus depending on what I do to it.

The CB360 is on Albany Craigs List. No pictures of the 350- had my camera in my pocket but forgot to take some shots.

I am the proud new owner of a 71 CB350, pictures to come. Picked it up for $400. It runs on 1 cylinder, the other runs but is not getting compression because the header seal is shot.

Thanks Pinche for all the info!

Congrats on your purchase. Now get those pics and start a thread over on the project builds page!
    \"Hey, McCloud! Get off of my ewe!\"

Trevor,
    \'72 Honda cl350 (sold)

\'80 gs450E, the \"spooky \'Zuki\"

\'04 Kawasaki Ninja 500

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links