Some people still use Z1s - Page 3
Close

Some people still use Z1s

This is a discussion on Some people still use Z1s within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; There is nothing but respect for a piece of engineering mastery that fine. We at the Rice Paddy just like to do routine tire re-profiling ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    There is nothing but respect for a piece of engineering mastery that fine. We at the Rice Paddy just like to do routine tire re-profiling from time to time.

I have to change tires on the Z1 before the ZRX burnout. The boss has to have something to ride afterall.
    Those scooter jockeys? Yeah real cycle trash for sure.

Among the biggest mistakes I have made (along with marrying...) is not having burnt off what was left of my tire before replacing it. Nothing beats that kind of trashy redneck fun. ZRX, please?
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

Ages ago (back when I still worked at the Paddy full time) we had to clean out the main warehouse to install pallet racks.

After a hellish three or four days of dragging probably a hundred bikes and just as many bike carcasses and engines out to the lot, I got introduced to what was then becoming a long standing Paddy tradition: doing stupid shit on motorcycles inside buildings.

At the end of that last, long day, after everything had been cleaned out we got some beers and I got my first lesson in the finer points of smoky donut burnouts.

On my first bike, a clapped-out '71 CB350.

Inside the Rice Paddy.

Proud to say I did a full 360 on the first try, floating the valves the whole time.

I seem to remember a buddy doing a figure eight on his '86 Gixxer and another friend leaving his mark with a CB900F streetfighter.

Back then, indoor moto-hooliganism wasn't constrained to just the Paddy. Columbus, Ohio at one time had a vibrant live music scene and there were a half a dozen dive bars (just about all of them are gone now, sadly) that had bartenders who rode (one of whom was also our mechanic). Long story short, it was the goal of the Rice Paddy to "ride" every one of these bars. By "ride", I of course mean taking drunken hot laps around the inside of a bar (often, but not always, after hours). I'm not talking about just one bike either...I think the final count was four bars ridden. I really can't remember.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Hahaha, I'm glad to be one of the ones bringing a little bit of the old Paddy back. I did a nice powerslide on the panda inside the building on thursday.

Here's what we did saturday at the Paddy, the Z50 Parking Lot Grand Prix mentioned earlier. That's me, they got the caption wrong.
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/foundat...timedia&tot=10
    Those scooter jockeys? Yeah real cycle trash for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links