Cheapest way to ship bike parts internationally?
Close

This is a discussion on Cheapest way to ship bike parts internationally? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So I am selling all these sandcast bits on eBay , and I am getting 4 or 5 emails a day from players from Norway, ...

So I am selling all these sandcast bits on eBay, and I am getting 4 or 5 emails a day from players from Norway, Sweden, OZ, Japan, etc. "How much does it cost to ship your awesome crap to my really great country?"

I have used USPS in the past. I am wondering if any of you have tips or recommendations for international shipping of bike parts. This one guy in Japan is convinced that he is going to buy about 50lbs of my crap...

Also, any of you have any tips for customs, packing, how much insurance, tracking, etc, it would be appreciated. Any bad burn stories? I once shipped a package to a guy in Hong Kong. It disappeared for about 9 or 10 months, and then one day it showed up on my doorstep! It actually was returned. I sent it out again, and it arrived in about a week. Anyway...

Thanks for your input.

Peace and grease,
    -fang
    Even the softest of things can pass through The Fang.mp3 like invisible water.
    Tired of eating CRAP!

JD
    USPS Priority Intl is probably the cheapest but there's no way to track packages. So I use Express Intl, little more money but you can track online. I lost a part to Denmark once with Priority so now I only use Express. UPS and Fedex are way more money.

JD

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    I stay away from UPS with international packages. Tried and true USPS has never failed me.
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

i always use usps....air mail priority.

i always make them insure it, and i always check the "return to sender for undeliverable mail" box.

i get rolls of bubble wrap from a friend who sells canoes/kayaks.....he can't give it away fast enough.

usps gives you free boxes for priority.

i have always found ups to be WAY expensive.

i also had a story like yours....but mine took three weeks and the guy got it.

i had another one (domestic) where the box must have broke and they delivered the label.

cheers,

tex

p.s. - i always found it funny with sellers who won't sell internationally....especially with the dollar as weak as it has been against sterling and the euro.

advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

USPS. Press real hard in block letters on the customs forms so it's absofuckinglootly clear on the last page. Get the clerk to help you make sure every T is crossed and every I is dotted. Don't lie on the forms to try and save your customer some money. Any crap comes up- it's a Fesderal offense. I've used the Post Office to ship all over the worlds with no scare stories (except I send a guy in Japan the wrong thing and had to eat the postage- but that was my fault)

People in places like Japan and Australia already know it's going to cost, so don't apologize.

I sometimes double-box or use water heater boxes for heavy stuff. Tape a duplicate address label on the inside in case...
    LOOK OUT IT\'S COMING THIS WAY!

Great info and tips. Thanks guys!
    Even the softest of things can pass through The Fang.mp3 like invisible water.
    Tired of eating CRAP!

Sponsored Links