59 Club Anniversary Run - Page 2
Close

59 Club Anniversary Run

This is a discussion on 59 Club Anniversary Run within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote:Really? what did you lose? Trillions & trillions & trillions of dollars from the national budget, squandered by a president asleep at the wheel, on ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    quote:Really? what did you lose?
    Trillions & trillions & trillions of dollars from the national budget, squandered by a president asleep at the wheel, on a personal vendetta to avenge his father's failed policies and ensure his own legacy?
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

quote:

Trillions & trillions & trillions of dollars from the national budget, squandered by a president asleep at the wheel, on a personal vendetta to avenge his father's failed policies and ensure his own legacy?
    Can I get an AMEN?!?!?!
    1958 Vespa VBA
    1963 BMW R69S
    1965 Ducati 250 special
    1965 Alfa Romeo Veloce Spider
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans

quote:Originally posted by tonupoakland

Fuck off.

exactly how I felt for this -->

"because we all lost something when the towers went down"

so right back at ya.

I don't buy this "we are all one nation and we all suffer together" bullshit. I think that kind of shit is flat insulting.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Geeto - how did my statement insult you? I apologize if I offended you, because clearly you have some strong feelings about this.

Are you one of those New Yorkers who thinks that because you "were there when it happened" that you have a right to gripe more than anyone else?

Weak shit man...weak shit.

Sorry to all for some bullshit hi-jacking this thread.

1958 Vespa VBA
    1963 BMW R69S
    1965 Ducati 250 special
    1965 Alfa Romeo Veloce Spider
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans

quote:I don't buy this "we are all one nation and we all suffer together" bullshit.
    Agreed. Life went on the following day in my town pretty much the same as usual. The landscape where I live & work remains unchanged, and I readily admit it. However, as one who served, I feel entitled to take personally the attacks (on the pentagon, in particular). I'm proud of the contribution I made to my country, as insignificant as it may have been. I consider myself a patriot (not in the Michigan militia sense) and a student of history. I lost nothing in those attacks, but poor leadership in the direct aftermath has left us all poorer, and has rendered my faithful service meaningless.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

BTW, I regard 59 Club/Ace Cafe revival nonsense as little more than hipster douchebag poseur "I'm a marginalized outsider, too" posturing, and a cheap attempt retro-chic marketing/money grab.

Good luck with your memorial ride.

Judey...How many adjectives can you squeeze into one rant?

Many.

OK - OK -- You guys are a freakin' riot in here. Coming to this place more often is gonna save me lots of money on beer.

As for the "hipster douchebag poseur "I'm a marginalized outsider, too" posturing, and a cheap attempt retro-chic marketing/money grab nonsense"... (good description, BTW)

I like to ride and wrench bikes. The folks I ride with like to ride and wrench bikes. We like to meet and ride with anyone else that rides and wrenches bikes. Doesn't matter what kind of bike, no Village People costume required. We are inviting folks of a similar ilk to come on out, meet up, and ride (possibly wrench) bikes.

To me, that is what the 59 Club always was, and still is today. If you can get over your bad self long enough, come on out. Hope to see you there.

Scot Dail, IBA #31553; 59 Club #29906
    <i>\"I suggest that you try Thunderbird, it\'s really delightful\" </i>- James Mason

ha, pentagon.
    honk if youre horny.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links