59 Club Anniversary Run - Page 3
Close

59 Club Anniversary Run

This is a discussion on 59 Club Anniversary Run within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote: Originally posted by cafetbird OK - OK -- You guys are a freakin' riot in here. Coming to this place more often is gonna ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    quote:Originally posted by cafetbird

OK - OK -- You guys are a freakin' riot in here. Coming to this place more often is gonna save me lots of money on beer.

As for the "hipster douchebag poseur "I'm a marginalized outsider, too" posturing, and a cheap attempt retro-chic marketing/money grab nonsense"... (good description, BTW)

I like to ride and wrench bikes. The folks I ride with like to ride and wrench bikes. We like to meet and ride with anyone else that rides and wrenches bikes. Doesn't matter what kind of bike, no Village People costume required. We are inviting folks of a similar ilk to come on out, meet up, and ride (possibly wrench) bikes.

To me, that is what the 59 Club always was, and still is today. If you can get over your bad self long enough, come on out. Hope to see you there.

what maybe you don't see because you are across the pond, is the "cafe racers" here who put a 59 on their bikes because it is some "cultural icon" a good portion of them have no idea about father bill or the 59 club - it is just something that assures cafe status...
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

...that's just it; I don't think he/she is across the pond.

rent boy vicar suckers!
    iphone generated fag

I didn't even think to look at the profile for location...I dunno why I guess I see a 59 member and just assume he is UK based since there is no "real" 59 club here.

I was going to be nice and delete all the comments back to the original post so it was untainted but in light of this I am going to leave it just the way it is.

Tonup - I am going to be in SF in a couple of weeks and will be more than happy to break my foot off in your ass for this:

quote:Are you one of those New Yorkers who thinks that because you "were there when it happened" that you have a right to gripe more than anyone else?

Weak shit man...weak shit.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Photos please, Geeto.

I grew up (for a while) in Napa, and my folks took us to the city often. I'm jealous. Buy some wine while you're there. Most of what's worth drinking never leaves the state. And bring your winter coat. Seriously. No, I really mean it.

Oakland, nothing personal. Having recently met Geeto it's hard to imagine him angry & I just wanna see his foot in someone's ass.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

quote:Originally posted by Judeyramone

Photos please, Geeto.

Oakland, nothing personal. Having recently met Geeto it's hard to imagine him angry & I just wanna see his foot in someone's ass.
    Based on Geeto's wholly subjective and sanctimonious attitude in this thread, the photos will likely show two asses.

quote:Originally posted by Victor52b
    Based on Geeto's wholly subjective and sanctimonious attitude in this thread, the photos will likely show two asses.

you could always join us in the picture and then it will be an asshole casserole
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

It has finally happened, some one has committed such douchebaggery that Geeto is going to fly across the country to kick there ass! AWESOME!
    Did you hear about the pirate with two wooden legs?

They caught fire and burned his ass to the ground!

quote:Originally posted by oneworden

It has finally happened, some one has committed such douchebaggery that Geeto is going to fly across the country to kick there ass! AWESOME!
    I think everybody here who knows me IRL, knows I am not really going to waste my anniversary in SF kicking somebody's ass for things they said in a fake world.

Even as pissed as I am about the comments (and for the first time I am actually genuinely pissed about something written on this board, not just playing the fool as I usually do) I figured this is still entertainment and who am I to quash anybody's right to make an ass out of themself, if somebody abriged my right to do that I would have been banned a long time ago.

Anyway, I am starting to feel this isn't fun anymore. I will leave it up but if someone wants (just send me an e-mail) I will be happy to delete all comments going back to T-bird's original post so we can get on with what's really important - making fun of the 59 club and preists who hang out at juke joints with teenage motorcycle loving male prostitutes.

- Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

quote: ...so we can get on with what's really important - making fun of the 59 club and preists who hang out at juke joints with teenage motorcycle loving male prostitutes.
    HA!!!

yeah, let's do that!
    iphone generated fag

Jesus, is this 9/11 thread still alive?

Geeto...I love how you, as the almighty dicatator of this board, feel as tho your opinion counts 10x more than anyone else. I recognize the fact you are a "big name" on this board and been here a while, so, respect to my elders I guess. Sucks you missed the part where I said I was "sorry if I offended you, because you clearly have strong feelings about this."

That said, I'm bloody well entitled to my opinion just like anyone else. You haven't once explained why you are so pissed at me, when I guaran-fucking-tee you we are probably on the same page about the event and how it affected people (or didn't), etc. etc.

It feels to me that you want people to just shut up about it and harbor some deep (and probably justified) resentment about the whole thing. Well, reality is, that aint gonna happen, so if you can't read a thread on a moto forum about that day without taking it personally, then don't read the goddamn thread.

Again, sorry to stir the pot, but I think it's BS that I can't voice my opinion on whether a 9/12 ride is OK or not without being flamed for it, and getting a corresponding ration of shit for backing up my stance.

AND last comment, in response to you wanting to "break your foot off in my ass" which I find absolutely comical - I've fought muay thai in 5 countries around the world, against hardened warriors with more than 160 professional fights. If you think your fat ass can come to Oakland and want to strap it on....great. I could always use some ribs to break to take out some frustration from my day job.

My personal hope is you'll stop being a prick and we can get a beer instead.

Cheers -
    AK
    1958 Vespa VBA
    1963 BMW R69S
    1965 Ducati 250 special
    1965 Alfa Romeo Veloce Spider
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links