59 Club Anniversary Run - Page 4
Close

59 Club Anniversary Run

This is a discussion on 59 Club Anniversary Run within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; it's actually a 59 club bash. ...at least that's how I read it. tangential rants are par for the course on any public forum. the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    it's actually a 59 club bash.

...at least that's how I read it. tangential rants are par for the course on any public forum. the 9/11 thing just seems to be a little "touchy".

let's get back to the gay ass 59 club discussion!
    iphone generated fag

quote:...for things they said in a fake world.

This world is real to me, man.

it's real.

quote:Originally posted by tonupoakland

Jesus, is this 9/11 thread still alive?

Geeto...I love how you, as the almighty dicatator of this board, feel as tho your opinion counts 10x more than anyone else. I recognize the fact you are a "big name" on this board and been here a while, so, respect to my elders I guess. Sucks you missed the part where I said I was "sorry if I offended you, because you clearly have strong feelings about this."

That said, I'm bloody well entitled to my opinion just like anyone else. You haven't once explained why you are so pissed at me, when I guaran-fucking-tee you we are probably on the same page about the event and how it affected people (or didn't), etc. etc.

It feels to me that you want people to just shut up about it and harbor some deep (and probably justified) resentment about the whole thing. Well, reality is, that aint gonna happen, so if you can't read a thread on a moto forum about that day without taking it personally, then don't read the goddamn thread.

Again, sorry to stir the pot, but I think it's BS that I can't voice my opinion on whether a 9/12 ride is OK or not without being flamed for it, and getting a corresponding ration of shit for backing up my stance.

AND last comment, in response to you wanting to "break your foot off in my ass" which I find absolutely comical - I've fought muay thai in 5 countries around the world, against hardened warriors with more than 160 professional fights. If you think your fat ass can come to Oakland and want to strap it on....great. I could always use some ribs to break to take out some frustration from my day job.

My personal hope is you'll stop being a prick and we can get a beer instead.

Cheers -
    AK
    I didn't take serious offence to your comments about a 9/12 ride I took serious offense to these comments:

quote:because we all lost something when the towers went down
    quote:Are you one of those New Yorkers who thinks that because you "were there when it happened" that you have a right to gripe more than anyone else?

Weak shit man...weak shit.
    It isn't a apology if right after you follow it up with the above bull shit which is really what I am pissed about. Don't tell me you're sorry and then try to piss on my leg. I tired to keep it off the board, so I sent you an e-mail detailing my time spent in the fire service in NY and some of the people I have lost because of this tragedy in the vain hope you would take the hint and shut the hell up. I can see by your most recent response that you didn't get it. That is fine. Do me a favor and shut the fuck up already. Many boards don't allow these kinds of conversations to happen, I think we allow it here just because a good portion of us know each other in real life and know better than say shit we are going to have to be apoligizing for in person later.

I think it was pretty obvious I was fucking around about kicking your ass, I even posted later that I was fucking around and had no real intention of doing so just in case anybody was confused. I am glad you found it comical, I am just sorry you found it comical because you think you are the world's biggest badass. I could care less about your chopstick training, no real fight was ever or is ever going to occur there, tough guy. The idea of a fight breaking out because of shit said on the internet is on its face comical. Thinking you are too tough for that, makes you the punchline.

I could care less how you feel about doing a 9/12 ride. I posted my feelings that it would be difficult to do because there were going to be a lot of 9/11 memorial rides and getting people to do back to back rides is a tough thing. All of a sudden you are in there with this hippie crap about how we all suffered that day and blah blah blah....

My opinion doesn't count any more than anybody else's and that is a board fact. I don't erase people's statements for that reason, no matter how much of an asshole I think they are, I just don't think it fair to have that kind of double standard.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

#1 - I didn't get your email. Did you get mine? Maybe there is a problem with the PM feature of the board.

#2 - good on you for being in the NY fire department, and I understand how this is a tough topic (I mean that)

#3 - the above doesn't give you the right to belittle others, or others' opinions

#4 - clearly we can agree to disagree about my so called "hippie crap"

#5 - clearly we are both kidding about a fight taking place

#6 - kiss and make up, honey? (I mean that too)

Cheers,
    AK
    1958 Vespa VBA
    1963 BMW R69S
    1965 Ducati 250 special
    1965 Alfa Romeo Veloce Spider
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans

quote:Originally posted by tonupoakland

#1 - I didn't get your email. Did you get mine? Maybe there is a problem with the PM feature of the board.

#2 - good on you for being in the NY fire department, and I understand how this is a tough topic (I mean that)

#3 - the above doesn't give you the right to belittle others, or others' opinions

#4 - clearly we can agree to disagree about my so called "hippie crap"

#5 - clearly we are both kidding about a fight taking place

#6 - kiss and make up, honey? (I mean that too)

Cheers,
    AK
    #1 - negative, Did not get your email either. Board blows for email at the moment I guess. I think that also means I owe catboy another e-mail to his address and not through the board about his broken bike.

#2 - you really don't know the half of it.

#3 - Last I checked the premise behind free speech and free political expression gives me the right to belittle ideas based on political expression in the name of my own political expression and since 9/11 was a pollitical statement and your statement was one of national solidarity - yes I beleive I have every right to call it bullshit and hippy touchy feely crap. Do I have that right on a private forum? well that is up to the other mods, they can erase it if they want. If anyone stepped in and said delete this I would, if anyone deleted it I would respect that. I also respect your right to think that we all lost something, even if I think the actual statement is as big a hunk of bullshit as there is, but just as you felt you needed to say something so did I.

To be clear: I respect you right to voice it but not erasing it. Many forums wouldn't let you get away with it, the moment it was posted it would be deleted and you would be warned. This place is different.

#4 - fair enough.

#5 - absolutley

#6 - Done and done.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Been busy with BSA... but good to see the flames have chilled a bit.

So, hope you guys can go for a ride this weekend, and keep the 59'ers in mind. Think we are going to hit the Penguin here, run up to an old ice cream parlor/Brit bike shop on the north side, and then cruise down to the see classic cars at the speedway. Should be a great day.

Props on your remembrance too, Geeto.
    Scot Dail, IBA #31553; 59 Club #29906
    <i>\"I suggest that you try Thunderbird, it\'s really delightful\" </i>- James Mason

Been busy with BSA... but good to see the flames have chilled a bit.

So, hope you guys can go for a ride this weekend, and keep the 59'ers in mind. Think we are going to hit the Penguin here, run up to an old ice cream parlor/Brit bike shop on the north side, and then cruise down to the see classic cars at the speedway. Should be a great day.

Props on your remembrance too, Geeto.
    Scot Dail, IBA #31553; 59 Club #29906
    <i>\"I suggest that you try Thunderbird, it\'s really delightful\" </i>- James Mason

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links