Post your entry for the bad ass mod of the month contest - February '015 ! - Page 2
Close

Post your entry for the bad ass mod of the month contest - February '015 !

This is a discussion on Post your entry for the bad ass mod of the month contest - February '015 ! within the Ichiban Moto forums, part of the Vendors category; I improved the lean angle clearance on my GSX1100EX. so far only on the left side, but its a work in progress. I figured why ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Post your entry for the bad ass mod of the month contest - February '015 !

I improved the lean angle clearance on my GSX1100EX.

so far only on the left side, but its a work in progress. I figured why try and reinvent the wheel to inmprove the handling and bike parts are expensive these days. Plus, fucked if i'm ruining a great tourer with rearsets (hell, i'd need to lash and buy a set of clubmans next).So with a little lateral thinking i've begun modding the clearance limiters i've identified through a rigorous testing progam. At the top of the picture you can see where i've concentrated my methods to improve the situation as the ever decreasing chicken strip on my riding boot. Funnily enough, it now looks to have sprue nubs like on the outer of a new tyre but if you look past that, its definitely getting better. The machining process is not technical, but seems to be getting harder to perform with each application of the tooling.

I'm using 91 octane unleaded, the left indicator switch, and a big fuckoff roundabout with an upchange on the exit. As per with a lathe, the smaller the diameter of the piece you're turning, the higher the rate of rotation of the chuck to keep the cutting speed good. I'm not sure how much more material i can safely remove before my entry and exit speeds see the tyres lose road contact in the search for higher lean angles to complete the machining process but i think its nearly ready for powdercoating to keep the elements at bay.
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

Question

any last minute entries ? I will start the poll tomorrow to determine Febs' winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban Moto View Post
    any last minute entries ? I will start the poll tomorrow to determine Febs' winner
    Ive got fruit Pie too!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Burton View Post
    Ive got fruit Pie too!
    Pics !

I made this bad ass tool from a 7/8" Ace Hardware 12 point socket in 5 minutes! I used it instead of the Honda special tool # 07086-30001. It's used to remove the special bolt that holds the clutch PAC in place on a 73 Honda CB750. It fits and works PERFECT!!Name:  IMG_20150224_170814751.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  3.54 MB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links