Post your entries for Bad Ass Mod of the Month: March '015
Close

This is a discussion on Post your entries for Bad Ass Mod of the Month: March '015 within the Ichiban Moto forums, part of the Vendors category; Not everyone has a full bike project thread going, however most of you make bobs & bits, tweak things and complete mods to improve bikes ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jaguar
  • 1 Post By jaguar

Thread: Post your entries for Bad Ass Mod of the Month: March '015

Not everyone has a full bike project thread going, however most of you make bobs & bits, tweak things and complete mods to improve bikes in an ongoing process of continuous performance improvement. That never. Ever. Ends. Ever. So we at Ichiban Moto are sponsoring the "Bad Ass modification of the month" award !

The winner will be awarded awesome bragging rights, admiration from their peers, recognition from the international motorcycle community and a sweet trio of Ichiban Moto stickers ! ( That's right, a full 1/4 dozen of 100% authentic and Bad Ass "cetified" Ichiban Moto Stickers! )

Post a picture or video of that thing you made this month along with a brief description : That part or tool you had to mod. That whatzit you carved from billet. Or wood. You guys/gals mod, make and alter things in some very creative and practical ways to make things work. And that should be shared, so here is thread to post it !

The last week of this month, we will post a poll of the finalists* for everyone to vote on.

*a paired down selection of finalists will be selected by the Ichiban Moto staff for you to vote on

(This month's winner will compete against Mark Burton's Pie, RetroRider's pull starter and 8ball's RC166 conversion in the quarterly final for an Ichiban Tee )

The Ichiban Moto YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/IchibanMoto
    Last edited by Ichiban Moto; 03-10-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Badass aftermarket switches

At the behest of Mr. Ichiban, I present to you my method for making badass aftermarket switches for your cafe racer.
    So no shit there I was, with a bike with no blinkers or horn, and a headlight whose switch didn't work. Oh did I mention that the horn and blinker switches weren't even there?

Not wanting to spend the money on new controls, I went to Napa and picked up some wire, connectors (blade and bullet), and the following switches: On/Off, Interruptor Button, and On/Off/On. It's important to get the smallest size you can because you're going to need to cram them into the stock control "box". I also used a dremel to grind out more space for the switches.

The back side of the headlight switch:

The blinker and horn switches (I the brass retaining clip for the original horn button to hold the two switches down inside the control box):

The brass retainer also had the function of blocking off the original (now empty) blinker switch opening. I used some badass black epoxy tape around the horn button to seal up part of the hole left by the original horn button.

Here's the final product. Once again, I've used some badass black epoxy tape... this time to cover the brass plate.
    '

And there you have it, my Badass Aftermarket Switch mod for your cafe racer.
    Total cost for this was about $15.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

SLR
    Spring Compressor
    For removing shitty spring covers...
    Name:  spring com.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  1.28 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I made three of these run/ride last weekend.
    monkey likes this.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Jag

I forsee a future with these.... a sort of mid day spectacle at some bike event / gathering... like the brooklyn invitational or something..

Monkey bike circle track thrash a thon. Thunderdome with monkey bikes
    latered

So far they have been a great catalyst for adults to act a fool.
    My buddy has this neighbor that calls the cops if we fart in the driveway, unsure how the mini bikes have not prompted a call....lol

Got three running. One is a 107cc lifan motor and silly.

We split the package. Going to play around for a while and sell off the extra stuff.
    Goal is to wind up someone between free mini bike and making a buck.

The idea of a silly race is great!
    Could see these being fun at Works. Ill have one or two at MidO too.

monkey likes this.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Post your mods and improvements. Stickers are up for grabs!

This month's winner will compete against Mark Burton's Pie, RetroRider's pull starter and 8ball's RC166 conversion in the quarterly final for an Ichiban Tee Shirt!

Oil changes on my classic CB550 Cafe' Racer took to long and the threads were a little weak. I customized a high speed quick change oil system from spare parts and high tech composite material. I applied heat resistant aluminized spray on powdercoat for the final Bad Ass touch, but it washed off
    Name:  DSC01012.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  1.58 MB

Sponsored Links