The Bad Ass Motorcycle Modification of the Month Contest- May '016
Close

This is a discussion on The Bad Ass Motorcycle Modification of the Month Contest- May '016 within the Ichiban Moto forums, part of the Vendors category; Not everyone has a full bike project thread going, however most of you make bobs & bits, tweak things and complete mods to improve bikes ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Ichiban Moto

Thread: The Bad Ass Motorcycle Modification of the Month Contest- May '016

Not everyone has a full bike project thread going, however most of you make bobs & bits, tweak things and complete mods to improve bikes in an ongoing process of continuous performance improvement. That never. Ever. Ends. Ever.

So we at Ichiban Moto are sponsoring the "Bad Ass modification of the month" award !

The winner will be awarded awesome bragging rights, admiration from their peers, recognition from the international motorcycle community and a sweet trio of Ichiban Moto stickers !
    ( That's right, a full 1/4 dozen of 100% authentic and Bad Ass "cetified" Ichiban Moto Stickers! )

Post a picture or video of that thing you made this month along with a brief description : That part or tool you had to mod. That whatzit you carved from billet. Or wood. You guys/gals mod, make and alter things in some very creative and practical ways to make things work. And that should be shared, so here is thread to post it !

At the end of May, we will post a poll of the finalists* for everyone to vote on.

*a paired down selection of finalists will be selected by the Ichiban Moto staff for you to vote on

there are only a few days left in May to post your mods

I need some Ichiban stickers real bad! Here's my ram air mod for an old Sportster.

Take an old air cleaner cover and cut an opening in the front. Go to Wally World and buy a small wire office basket. Cut out a piece of the basket and curve it to fit the air cleaner cover. JB Weld it to the inside of the cover.

Finished cover, sandblasted, waiting for paint.

Painted with high-temp flat aluminum paint.

Installed on the bike and ready to make power.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

After going over the submission and after hours of deliberation, the Ichiban Moto staff is proud to announce 83XLX's ram air mod wins the May '016 Bad Ass mod of the month !

83XLX, please send me a PM with where you would like your stickers sent !
    Stephen J, jaguar and BigAl8295 like this.

Great! I'm sure the voting was close, given the large amount of entries. It is an honor to accept this valuable prize on behalf of the forum. I'll find a prominent spot on my Honda to display one of them, maybe on that blank right-hand side cover...

PM sent.

Ews
    Not going to lie, that ram air mod actually LOOKS decent. Not sure about the pencil box mesh, but hey we have all re-purposed some shit before. At least the finished product looks like something someone would pay money for
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

I posted that mod on a couple Harley forums and actually had a few people say they would pay me to make one for them. For my own projects, I work dirt cheap, but those guys wouldn't have been able to afford my rate for making more...ha ha

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by 83XLX View Post
    I posted that mod on a couple Harley forums and actually had a few people say they would pay me to make one for them. For my own projects, I work dirt cheap, but those guys wouldn't have been able to afford my rate for making more...ha ha
    You never know. Ive seen my wifes uncle go into HD and drop $1000 of crap for his bike and HD gear, and he does this sometimes monthly
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

Sponsored Links