the BADASS modification of the month contest - June '016
Close

This is a discussion on the BADASS modification of the month contest - June '016 within the Ichiban Moto forums, part of the Vendors category; Not everyone has a full bike project thread going, however most of you make bobs & bits, tweak things and complete mods to improve bikes ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By 83XLX
  • 2 Post By DesmoDog

Thread: the BADASS modification of the month contest - June '016

Not everyone has a full bike project thread going, however most of you make bobs & bits, tweak things and complete mods to improve bikes in an ongoing process of continuous performance improvement. That never. Ever. Ends. Ever.

So we at Ichiban Moto are sponsoring the "Bad Ass modification of the month" award !

The winner will be awarded awesome bragging rights, admiration from their peers, recognition from the international motorcycle community and a sweet trio of Ichiban Moto stickers !
    ( That's right, a full 1/4 dozen of 100% authentic and Bad Ass "cetified" Ichiban Moto Stickers! )

Post a picture or video of that thing you made this month along with a brief description : That part or tool you had to mod. That whatzit you carved from billet. Or wood. You guys/gals mod, make and alter things in some very creative and practical ways to make things work. And that should be shared, so here is thread to post it !

At the end of June, we will post a poll of the finalists* for everyone to vote on.

*a paired down selection of finalists will be selected by the Ichiban Moto staff for you to vote on

jcw
    OK, so I'll start with something so stupid that it'll be so easy to beat.

I cut and welded the foot back on a too long sidestand to replace my too short side stand after raising the rear of the bike with longer shocks so I can take pipeburn quality pictures of my yard built ride in front of a cafe with an old homeless man loooking on without a block of wood under the sidestand.

1985 VF100S fuel tank on a 1985 VF700S with drag bars and modded seat pan. Still need to install the fuel pump and paint the seat cowl.

Name:  sabre mod.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  54.3 KBName:  sabre mod side.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  167.2 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

As last month's winner (in a hotly-contested final), I received this cool mini-certificate along with the stickers. I'm the envy of all my friends...

BigAl8295 and Ichiban Moto like this.

Ews
    damn, I need to modify something on the bike and get in on this action. That Cert would look good covered in grease taped to my tool box
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

Quote Originally Posted by 83XLX View Post
    As last month's winner (in a hotly-contested final), I received this cool mini-certificate along with the stickers. I'm the envy of all my friends...

You see, this is what happens when they don't teach cursive in school...

Why are they envious that you are cetified?
    Last edited by DesmoDog; 06-14-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    83XLX and jcw like this.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

I could probably fix that with some assembly tape...

And then submit it as your baddass mod of the month... I was going to but I've wasted so much time around work already I didn't think it would be prudent at this juncture.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

After going over the submissions and after hours upon hours of heated deliberation, the Ichiban Moto staff is proud to announce there has been a tie for the June '016 Bad Ass mod of the month !

jcw and Sabre Café : PM with where you would like your stickers sent ! Congratulations !

Sponsored Links