The July '016 Bad Ass Modification of the Month Contest !! - Page 2
Close

The July '016 Bad Ass Modification of the Month Contest !!

This is a discussion on The July '016 Bad Ass Modification of the Month Contest !! within the Ichiban Moto forums, part of the Vendors category; Originally Posted by woodsman It's a moped entered in the "bad ass modification" contest, makes me wonder why. In my state, I'll have to register ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: The July '016 Bad Ass Modification of the Month Contest !!

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    It's a moped entered in the "bad ass modification" contest, makes me wonder why.
    In my state, I'll have to register this as a motorcycle, 70cc's and 60 mph isn't really a ped anymore. But the modification isn't the moped. Actually What makes it neat, is that the tank was modified in a way that made it unnecessary to molest the original Puch frame at all. Most people who add top tanks to step throughs add a cross bar. The way I have constructed this, you can easily revert to the stock tank. And that, I think is pretty Baddass. Lets see what you have done this month.
    Last edited by LowBlack&Fast; 07-08-2016 at 10:37 AM.

only two? Let's see some mods !

you can't win if you don't enter ..... only 10 days left in July !

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Ews
    Ok I'll give it a shot.

Took the foot long rear turn signals off my bike and replaced them with some that only stuck out a little. The new blinkers did not quite fill the hole in the metal where the original blinkers were mounted. The nut on the back side was to small to be able to grab the surrounding metal to tighten the light snug. A little fancy washer work and they are now snug and not going anywhere. However they are now flush mount instead of the intended protrusion of 1.5 inches from bike to blinker.

Name:  20160718_171237.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  197.0 KB

Oh and how do you like the patented "Braappp extrapolation magnification turbo ports" that the previous owner drilled into the back end of the megaphone mufflers?
    Ichiban Moto likes this.
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

Where do you live EWS?

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban Moto View Post
    Where do you live EWS?
    Lewiston, ID

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ews View Post
    Lewiston, ID
    oh wait it says that on my thing profile lol

1924 Powers Dr.
    Lewiston ID

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

I Da Hoe ? I Da Pimp ! somehow it was funnier when granddad teased my Aunt from boise

Ews
    i DA HO, u DA HO, we are all ho's in some fashion lol
    Ichiban Moto likes this.

Can I enter Rich's bike? He's a massive fan of Ichiban Moto and is racing his first hillclimb in August. An Ichiban Moto sponsor sticker would be a proud addition.

He's done 90% of the work himself and made, in my opinion, a bloody good job of it. It's a T509 speed triple with a t595 daytona motor installed. brembo pads all round, brembo rear disc (overslung caliper from sprint st), renthal hard anodised sprockets with top spec did chain. Chinesium alloy cnc adjustable rearsets which snap of just the same as the flash Italian ones when you crash but at a third of the price, Maxton fully adjustable rear shock tailored for riders weight. Titanium silencer and link pipe. Genuine old school brit headlamp, electronic programmable rev counter with gps speedo and a kazillion other features. cool old bicycle lamp altered to take triumph temp guage mounted atop radiator. LED idiot lights mounted in top yoke, lightweight lithium batteria. I'll take some pictures when it gets back from dyno (in fact literally just got the call from him to say he'd arrived safe ( after winding me up of course, the bar steward)) but here is a video taken about an hour ago to whet the appetite.

Ichiban Moto likes this.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 149
Size:  2.23 MBOil catch pan on my pretty much stock Suzuki TS 50 that I will be using for vintage road racing. This is the third 50cc racer I have done, and have used the cake pans on all of them. This time I used the heavy duty "Bakers Secret" 9x13" pan coated with Teflon for extra high performance. On the previous one I used a cheapo Walmart 9x9, it did the job but was flimsy so I sold that bike. Used the BS 9x9 on the first 50cc.

not easy to mount as there is no frame beneath the engine. In the back it is mounted to the center stand holes using an elaborate and heavy system-that bolt must weigh a pound, front is using case bolts.

while it seems odd, cake pans and paint roller trays are used by lots of racers. Some guys try to get thru tech with foil turkey roasting pans.....

Badass!!!

on my cb350 racer, it came with a pizza pan, which I replaced with an official Tannermatic cb350 belly pan. That is the best way to go.

i want some stickers to put on my racers! Vote for me! Even if I don't win send stickers- thousands of fans will see them at our races!! They will have plenty of time to read Iciban as I am none too fast.

jack
    pwalo, BigAl8295 and Ichiban Moto like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links