The July '016 Bad Ass Modification of the Month Contest !! - Page 3
Close

The July '016 Bad Ass Modification of the Month Contest !!

This is a discussion on The July '016 Bad Ass Modification of the Month Contest !! within the Ichiban Moto forums, part of the Vendors category; I'm not sure if this last post is a goof, or serious. You sold the bike because your cake pan was flimsy? 50cc racing must ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: The July '016 Bad Ass Modification of the Month Contest !!

I'm not sure if this last post is a goof, or serious. You sold the bike because your cake pan was flimsy?
    50cc racing must be a hoot!

1974 CB450, 2006 CBR1000RR

Nova, the cake pan was flimsy and I did sell the bike. I never rode. Put it together, took it to Louden, let a friend race it, he is skinny so he beat me, then sold it to another racer. Sold the friend another 5o cc project. My goal is to build them and get others interested in the class. If the Suzuki works out I will have a nice mid 60's Honda c110 50cc racer for sale. Have 4 more in the pipeline to do, but two of them are Italian pieces of crap that are VERY difficult to find parts for.

50cc racing is lots of fun. Bikes are small and light so I can carry 2 or 3 in my mini van and can load without a ramp if need be. I was class champ for 4 years but now this 102 lb girl is whooping me bad. A 110 lb difference is a HUGH deal with only 50cc and 5 hp. If I can find an old factory hop up kit, which her bike has, that will take the Zuk to 9 hp. Or I could loose a bunch of weight.........ha ha.

Tom, thank you for the kind words. Will you be at Canaan?

jack
    Last edited by JackC; 07-30-2016 at 07:58 PM.
    pwalo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JackC View Post
    I was class champ for 4 years but now this 102 lb girl is whooping me bad. A 110 lb difference is a HUGH deal with only 50cc and 5 hp.

jack
    lol.... old age and treachery vs youth and skill. I used to race in the "dad class" at minibike events in the uk and it's a hoot!! loads of fun to be had whilst bringing on the next generation.

my vote is for the belly(cake)pan. It's a double edged bad ass mod that catches oil and greatly reduces weight in using up the wife's cake tins and thus limiting the supply of cake...... I like the cut of your jib!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I want some stickers!
    5 1/4" headlights are a bit naff (bulb choice, light output) and the previous owner of my CD175 had removed the indicators, so I decided to make a new bucket to house a 7" lenses and indicators.
    It's a Thailand cheapie bucket and China eBay 7" so no original parts were harmed in the making of this part!

Stretched a t-shirt over the lot and fiberglass epoxy over it.

Indicators are truck side markers, again, eBay specials.

Plenty of bondo to smooth out the epoxy surface.

After (lots of) sanding, a coat of black.

Headlight,indicators and speedo in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pwalo and bumi like this.

I think Vikars should post his desert sled up here -> https://www.caferacer.net/forum/membe...albums297.html
    bike has a lot of bad ass going for it, it's complete, nicely executed and actually looks ridable, if you were a giant person looking to cross a desert in a hurry.

That headlight looks great, good job!

Thanks
    I like parts that fit with the bike period look but are one off, and perform better than original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pwalo and Ichiban Moto like this.

Headlight surround

"If you give up drinking and smoking you don't actually live longer, it just seems longer"

www.flickr.com/photos/knumbnutz ....look in the albums

That headlight mount is impressive.

1974 CB450, 2006 CBR1000RR

Too bad it's August.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links