New Member from LA - Page 6
Close

New Member from LA

This is a discussion on New Member from LA within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; He's not pissing you around. -> Trials bikes are the fastest bike to learn on, I wish I had discovered them earlier on. I have ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Member from LA

He's not pissing you around. -> Trials bikes are the fastest bike to learn on, I wish I had discovered them earlier on.
    I have a go fast bike, a go far bike and 2 go anywhere bikes. The go anywhere bikes are by far the most fun.

… :/ but nothing is cheap when it comes to bikes, so crank up your money production first.

Rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    He's not pissing you around. -> Trials bikes are the fastest bike to learn on, I wish I had discovered them earlier on.
    I have a go fast bike, a go far bike and 2 go anywhere bikes. The go anywhere bikes are by far the most fun.

… :/ but nothing is cheap when it comes to bikes, so crank up your money production first.

What makes trail bikes so much better to learn on? I'm not looking for a "cheap" bike I just don't want to pay something like $1,500 for a bike that's only really worth $1,100 you know.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    You can lower either bike but not to the point of ideal for you. But maybe an off road bike might be a good choice also (strictly off road).

I know a lot of folks don't care for the rebel as a good choice for learning and I know it has its limitations.........and I know they are other choices out there that are good choices as well however......I am still going to toot the horn for the rebel because it is best suited to your height and riding experience (none). If you were my son I would feel better with the rebel.....not a DRZ400 with a 35 inch seat height, not a 450 lb 750, not a GSXR600, etc.

Another aspect to learning is intimidation. Nothing is more unsafe and intimidating than a bike you don't feel comfortable with.

Good luck and happy riding
    Wow, that is some good advice. I've already begun shifting my focus from strictly cafe racer to just a good beginner's bike. I still have much to think about but your input is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    If you haven't done a MSF type riding course, go and book one.

Go find a DRZ400 somewhere, and get to sit on it. Get a feel for the things.

Danger, is my business."

Great tip, I've started looking for courses close to my area.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links