New to this site and new to modifying San Diego, CA
Close

This is a discussion on New to this site and new to modifying San Diego, CA within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi All, I'm a novice rider who rode a sportbike(Suzuki GSX-R 600) for a few years about 8 years ago. I had my bike when ...

Hi All,

I'm a novice rider who rode a sportbike(Suzuki GSX-R 600) for a few years about 8 years ago. I had my bike when I was much younger and I just wanted to be flashy and dumb. Now that I'm older and smarter, at least that's what I tell myself, I wanted to start a project. I miss riding and sold my bike to finish school and told myself when I was done I would buy another. Now that I am at this age I think it would be more satisfying to work on an older bike and make it my own, a true one of a kind.

Like I said before I've only ridden for a few years and it's been a while, I don't have much experience working on bikes but I am willing to learn and put in the time and effort it takes. I haven't picked a bike yet, I've only been doing research and trying to gather as much info as I can so I am now trusting this community to bestow upon me info. I was looking into a mid '70s Honda CB because I read that when you pick a bike you want to have parts that can be easily ordered and available.

Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks

Read this:

https://www.caferacer.net/forum/new-m...ead-first.html

And buy a running bike. Seriously - you'll have heaps of opportunities to learn maintenance / mechanics on an older bike even if it's in perfect condition.

Forget about $200 non-running project bikes on CL that have no title and come "ready to assemble" as 8 boxes of parts - you'll either never get it running or you'll spend twice as much getting it back together than if you bought a running bike to start with. Most of us have been there.

Just remember "There is nothing more expensive than free motorcycle"
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Sponsored Links