Anyone fancy a cup of Rosylee
Close

This is a discussion on Anyone fancy a cup of Rosylee within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hello Everyone Dangerous Brian here. What a great forum, I recently decided to design tune and build my own cafe racer, I have no clue ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone fancy a cup of Rosylee

Hello Everyone Dangerous Brian here.

What a great forum, I recently decided to design tune and build my own cafe racer, I have no clue as this is my first time however fortunately I have a full workshop with tools at my disposal (for practice) and a good friend willing to teach me how to tune and improve the engine and pay him less as I will do the work as opposed to paying him to do it we shall call him (Mr Nice Guy).

First things first I have no bike but will be looking at a Honda CB of any size to start so anyone in Germany with this or similar bike 70's 80's give me a shout Im all ears (dangerous brian joke)

I have yet to try the search function as I have not started but be assured I will be trying this before posting any Noobie crap, I may be new but I'm not green around the ears so no worries there.

All in all I have been scouring every bit of info tips and tricks I can find on the internet and keep coming back here to caferacer.net (which is awesome) to mainly prepare me for when buying a bike so I can already start building a budget in my head when viewing the bike and get a feel for what it will need.

Also as I am in Germany anyone needing tools or a place to work and wants to help me with my bike are welcome to come down and use the space.

End.

I'm not in Germany, but welcome. It seems to me the easiest honda CB's to get into vintage racing with are the 350's and 175's. These small bikes are fun and somewhat cheap to get into, part of the fun is the fact that they aren't especially fast, but that induces skill and to some points makes these classes quite a bit safer for new racers. I myself would like to get into vintage racing once I find the right bike and have the money to do it.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Thanks for the welcome thechief86, much appreciated, I hadn't seriously considered racing the bike yet as wanted to get the basic knowledge underneath me first. Crashing a bike and fixing it yourself with little skill would make for less seat time which is a no go with summer coming, I ride in the wet, just no long distance rides around europe etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I hear you, most people don't. If you don't have much skill or experience in the motorcycle hobby yet, i would suggest a newer bike for the sake of dependability, but if you have had some experience turning wrenches and diagnosing why you're on the side of the road, you'll have fun tinkering here and there with a cb. Just keep in mind that the original reason for getting a jap bike was low cost and decent quality. These bikes aren't cheap anymore, so you might do just as well chasing a european bike, or even a more modern bike of any breed as you might get better quality for the same or even less coin.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Fair play, I have been looking at a newer cb450s which has a prety nice frame kinda like the ducati and KTM's where they engine is suspended as opposed to sitting in the frame, what do you think??
    Benefits in my mind woud be: Modern engine forks and brakes etc
    Cons: not as beautiful as the older bikes, less character,

Plus I havent seen any Cb450s from the 80's being coverted to a cafe, have you? if so send me a pic. Thanks

when you say cb450, do you mean the three valve "Hawk" derivative from the early 1980s? Like this:

Name:  honda+cb+450+street+2+tempos+acima+de+400+ate+700+1984+1985__2A74E8_1.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  80.4 KB

if so they are great commuter bike and that is about it. They are shit for just about everything else.

since you are new to all of this you want to trod the well worn path. Don't just buy anything and assume you can "convert it" to something it was never meant to be.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Don't know if the CB350s is available in Germany.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

I like the CB450S frame. I think all the bike really needs for good handling is some good rear shocks. I think they have a bit of café racer potential if done right.

Name:  HONDACB450S-1354_1.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  214.4 KB

Danger, ismy business."

Thats the bike, I think the frame is unique but not sure about the strength it looks flimsy. I'll check the HP aswell as I'm 6,2 and 85kgs dont want it to struggle going up hill on power. Thanks for the pic and appreciate the advice.

BTW I watched On any Sunday new chapter 2014, no where near the original the soundtrack was off as well apart from the end credits. But still worth a look.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Dangerous Brian; 03-05-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: mis read the 450

Looking at it, I think the seat and the tank sit in a v rather than straight that could mean some serious fabrication to get that straight cafe line through the bike?? thoughts has anyone seen this with the seat off.

Also dont think I have seen this bike done yet in a cafe style, anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

That with 450 motor.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links