Hello from New Hampshire - Page 10
Close

Hello from New Hampshire

This is a discussion on Hello from New Hampshire within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; [QUOTE=steveo;340292] Originally Posted by BennyJ That's a little vague. How long do I have to ride a bike for and not die. /QUOTE] I've been ...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Hello from New Hampshire

[QUOTE=steveo;340292]
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyJ View Post
    That's a little vague. How long do I have to ride a bike for and not die. /QUOTE]

I've been riding for 36 years, clocking up nearly 1.3 million miles, there's no guarantee that that I'll get to work in one piece tomorrow morning. I've already given my own kids this bit of advice.....learn to drive a car.
    Sorry, I'm not trying to turn away your advice. I understand the risks.

Why is UTI the answer?
    are there no other ways? Seems like a tone of money for what could be learned in many ways.

as for motorcycles.
    you don't know anything.
    you aren't even willi to eat out high school girls!

nreally you just have in your head what a cafe racer is or what motorcycles are.
    so far you seem to just be repeating the incorrect info you found in the web. That's fine.
    you might be capable of learning.

but you have to actually do something.

go buy "A" bike and then go do things.
    find out what you like.

bikes are a tool. Each do a different job.

go make friends in real life with bikes.

maybe after you start riding you find out you want a dual sport to camp with, or a chopper to finally get those high school girls, or that you are actually interested in performance and build a race bike.

stop thinking a million steps down the road.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Wow...let's see

10 pages of racing.....tail loops.....isis.......cartoons.......dick sucking.......banging virgins.......fuel injection.........English projects.......I'm sure I missed something. I'm surprised I haven't heard "go fuck your mother and make a sister" yet. Yea....... this place is way better without WW.

Hey kid....... I'm a little more of the schooling that making mistakes is a great learning tool. However for your own safety........and I don't want to sound like a nagging mother but.......your safety on a bike is important. Not only to you but the others around you....the innocent folks. I don't know if by 5'10" 200 lbs your the overweight Black Ops gamer or your benching 3 plates and squatting 500. I always felt learning the fundamentals of the controls and of balancing paramount. Your experience with your honda 80 is definitely benefitial. Just be careful....don't bite off a project bigger than you can chew and play it safe. Keep in mind that the cafe bikes your aroused by take a lot of time, experience and dinero to accomplish. Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Would you have listened to advice when you were 17. What would you do in my shoes. I'm a hands on learner and I need to learn from experience. Call me whatever you want, idgaf, but now I have to have a build just to prove you guys wrong. Again, what would you do if you were 17.

When I was 17 I already had my M license for a full year, I was on my 4th motorcycle and had accumulated 7 years riding experience. I knew how to fix them pretty good and make them into better dirt bikes. By 17 I was riding a 185cc Suzuki and could pull catwalks for more then a city block. I had ridden more then a dozen other motorcycles including a CB750 with a massive Windjammer fairing and another one modified for track racing. By 17 I knew some people were out to kill you just for riding a motorcycle, because somebody did try to kill me while I was riding my motorcycle, plus I had been shot in the leg by a kid with a pellet gun for absolutely no reason at all. Ah yes, good old age 17 :/ I think I weighed in at nearly 110 pounds and by then. I could out-ride and out-wrench my older brother and all of his friends who rode motorcycles, that's why I had no problem getting rides on all kinds of different bikes.
    lol I was a pretty good cunnilinguist too, I must have been because I'm still married to the same girl I've had since age 15

The chance of you proving anyone who has given you solid advice here wrong, is slim to nil, and that's a real bad reason to buy an old used motorcycle and tear into it with an angle grinder and strip it of everything you Think might be superfluous like fenders and chain guards. Do yourself a favour and don't go buying a great wide 4 cylinder vintage street bike as your first ever motorcycle and modify it before you even know how to ride well. That will only serve to make you a beginner rider for a very, very long time.

If I was 17 and had to do it all again, I would still be building and riding street legal enduro bikes, they are way more fun and functional, easier to learn on, cheaper to insure and cheaper to operate.

Or, do as you like, because it really makes little odds to anyone who doesn't live in the same insurance region as yourself :|

Quote Originally Posted by dirkchecken View Post
    im sure others besides myself are noticing your "hints". we saw them in another comment you posted too. doesnt look like you have much support. maybe start a thread to bring him back. send the bosses a email and maybe w/ enough support they will. im sure others miss him too. i also at times miss him. but i dont see many people pining his loss.
    I might one day but......

I know I'm in the minority and lately I've been too tired for a fight....... ya know.

Would you have listened to advice when you were 17. What would you do in my shoes. I'm a hands on learner and I need to learn from experience. Call me whatever you want, idgaf, but now I have to have a build just to prove you guys wrong. Again, what would you do if you were 17.
    Well, at 17 I'd already had 7 years of motorcycling behind me, 3 of them on a MX course, Wasn't any good, but it surely was fun and a great learning experience.

At 17 I respected the opinion and knowledge of older riders that I looked up to and always appreciated the time they gave me and because of this, gave me even more time. Once I started riding the road, I was able to venture out to area dealers and hang out (when it was allowed and accepted) and listen.

At 17, above everything else, I flooded my brain with everything I could put in my hands to read about motorcycles and anything else I may be interested in.

At 17, that last thing I'd consider doing is coming to an open forum acting like an indignant little prick, but that is a problem with the current generation.

The previous generation has always had problems with the "current" generation. That's a fact of life. I'm sorry, but you'll just have to live with the fact that the people of my generation are all indignant little pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I might one day but......

I know I'm in the minority and lately I've been too tired for a fight....... ya know.
    Witworth?

Witworth?
    Yeah - he was an indignant old prick.

I kinda miss him too - like I miss the scab on the back of my hand that was fun to pick at for a few days.

But in the end life is better without it.
    jaguar likes this.

The previous generation has always had problems with the "current" generation. That's a fact of life. I'm sorry, but you'll just have to live with the fact that the people of my generation are all indignant little pricks.
    Close but, the way we always said it was the current generation always finds something that completely irritates the previous generation. You are actually 2 generations later then most of the regulars here, so we understand your indignation and naivety a lot better. That's also why everybody is being so exceptionally patient with you.

We're not your concerned mom, we're your wise old Grandpa that still rides a motorcycle better then you
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 11-05-2015 at 06:30 AM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Sponsored Links