Hello from New Hampshire - Page 5
Close

Hello from New Hampshire

This is a discussion on Hello from New Hampshire within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Oh my :| … this might not go so well. You should have stalked this site for a while....

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Hello from New Hampshire

Oh my :| … this might not go so well. You should have stalked this site for a while.

Anyways... back to the interview?

You're not ready for this site.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl8295 View Post
    You're not ready for this site.
    Please elaborate...

[QUOTE=BennyJ;340164]Here are the questions:

1. What defines a cafe racer?

Fake racebike aka poser

2. What makes a cafe racer so unique compared to other bikes?

trendy

3. What is the first step to building a cafe racer?
    spraypaint and checkers

4. What is the most important step?

spraypaint

5. What model bike(s) have you transformed?

what?

6. Do you have a favorite build?

what?

7. What was the most difficult part about that build?

what?

8. How much did it cost?

10,000 hours

9. How long did it take to complete the build?

see last answer

10. How and when did you get involved in the cafe racer scene?

avoid it at all costs
    latered

Very good monkey. I will be sure to use this in my research paper. This will represent the cafe racer community very well I think...
    Last edited by BennyJ; 11-03-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Here, in the interest of your education I'll play:

1. What defines a cafe racer? -> Consult Wikipedia first, encapsulate but do not plagiarize that content.

2. What makes a cafe racer so unique compared to other bikes? -> Hopefully a design criteria that emulates racing motorcycle characteristics, but rather intended for practical everyday street riding.

3. What is the first step to building a cafe racer? -> Start with owning a stock street bike, get bored with riding it and then start modifying it sometime thereafter.

4. What is the most important step? -> Owning and riding a stock street bike long enough to actually get bored with it.

5. What model bike(s) have you transformed? -> only one I ever did into a proper cafe racer was a CB350F (don't know if I have photos of it, but if I do they would be on kodachrome slides)

6. Do you have a favorite build? -> Do you mean like what bike would I like to convert to a cafe racer? Wish I owned a Norton Manx that I could get bored with riding and eventually transform into a Cafe racer Manx, but that would make me closer to 100 years old.

7. What was the most difficult part about that build? -> Obtaining a Norton Manx … they are pretty much priceless :| on the one I did build: mounting a headlight into a Yamaha TZ fairing

8. How much did it cost? -> a Manx, more then I could possibly imagine, unless you mean the bike I did build. That one cost me a grand to buy and I sunk about another grand into it.

9. How long did it take to complete the build? -> about 2 years from starting to modify it until I sold it for a loss to my neighbour who promptly flipped it ( flipped as in re-sold, he couldn't ride motorcycles)

10. How and when did you get involved in the cafe racer scene? -> There is no Cafe Racer scene, that happened back about the time the Beatles started singing as a group and ended in the 1970's. I was just a kid with an 80cc dirt bike :|

Thanks again guys. Just put the question number in front of your answer. <- ah crap, I already screwed up the questionnaire.

I have one last question...

Will hillsy get mad if I call him mom.
    It seems like all he wants to do is protect me.

1. What defines a cafe racer? For me it's an "older" bike modified for better performance on the street, with styling along the lines of what a racebike of the day would have looked like. But I also think trying to define a cafe racer is an argument waiting to happen.

2. What makes a cafe racer so unique compared to other bikes? The things that define it as a cafe racer...

3. What is the first step to building a cafe racer? Hours and hours of figuring out what you want and why. That does not mean looking at pictures of CB350s and deciding on what color to paint it.

4. What is the most important step? Hours and hours of figuring out what you want and why.

5. What model bike(s) have you transformed? I took parts from a couple Rd350s and an R5 and built a racebike, so that wasn't really a cafe racer. I modified a Honda Hawk (NT650) but never really considered it to be a cafe racer since it still looked pretty much stock save the clip ons and details one who didn't know Hawks would notice. I rebuilt a '74 Ducati 750 GT, built the engine to Sport specs, modded the forks, changed the shocks, and a few other things, but that was more of a GT than a cafe racer. I put together a 160 that, to me, has the looks of a cafe racer but the performance wasn't improved so that wasn't really a cafe racer (aside from the fact it's ungodly slow). I've been putting together a 350 Ducati for the past ten years that would probably be considered a cafe racer but I feel weird calling anything a cafe racer so probably won't talk about it as one. So basically I haven't transformed anything into a cafe racer yet.

6. Do you have a favorite build? My 750GT but again I don't consider it a cafe racer even with all the mods.

7. What was the most difficult part about that build? Rebuilding the engine, in particular timing the (non-stock) cams and ignition.

8. How much did it cost? Keeping track of costs is never a good idea. Figure around $10k, give or take.

9. How long did it take to complete the build? A little over three years

10. How and when did you get involved in the cafe racer scene? I'm not involved in the scene. I became involved with bikes in high school, late '70s. How? I hung around with racers, I read a lot. I didn't buy a bike myself until years later, after college when I got a real job

Will hillsy get mad if I call him mom. I'm guessing you haven't been here long enough for him to give a shit about what you call him. Which isn't to say you wan't get grief, but mad? Nah.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Just don't call Hillsy when you get hurt.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links