Hello from New Hampshire - Page 6
Close

Hello from New Hampshire

This is a discussion on Hello from New Hampshire within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by BennyJ I have one last question... Will hillsy get mad if I call him mom. It seems like all he wants to ...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Hello from New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by BennyJ View Post
    I have one last question...

Will hillsy get mad if I call him mom.
    It seems like all he wants to do is protect me.
    Well, I certainly don't want to see you go out and get hurt.

I get it that your 17 and bulletproof and all but if you haven't ridden on the road then the best thing you can do is get yourself a bike that is manageable and compliant to learn on. Basically, something with neutral ergonomics and decent (read: modern) handling / braking. Ninja 250/300, VTR250 if you're small(ish), something like a DRZ250/400 if you're a bigger guy. Learning to ride on a heavy clip-on'd 70's porky superbike is probably the last thing you want to be doing.

You asked for advice - that's mine. It's just co-incidental that I probably think the same as your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ball View Post
    I used to be pro carbs......until I started tuning FI bikes. A power commander and a lap top. and the world is your oyster. SOOOOO much more adjustable than carbs, Soooo much easier. No gas smell on your hands. Adjustments can be made in seconds on the road (with a dyno it's even easier). You don't have to go out do a plug chop, then take the bike back to the garage to disassemble it. You just stop, plug the lap top into the module make your adjustment then try again...and I don't get met by my wife at the door instructing me to leave my gasoline smelling clothes in the garage!

Amen

FI is finding it's way to off road machines.....thank God. Super cold, 5000 ft elevation , wet/muddy, you rolled your ltz fi...........whatever. Wiz Khalifa ....."no keys....push to start"

Quote Originally Posted by cyclocrossfool View Post
    Attachment 16778..................
    ooo isis!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I want to listen to your advice hillsy, but I hate waiting. Besides, I live in a motorcycle friendly area with plenty of back roads to learn on. I appreciate the advice, and you are welcome to keep trying to convince me, but at the moment, I think that I want to continue with a cafe build. Maybe with a smaller engine size though.

Also, while everyone is argueing about carbs vs fuel injection, I guess I'll throw in my opinion as well. I personally prefer carbs because that's what I'm used to and theyre easier to tune.

Also, while everyone is argueing about carbs vs fuel injection, I guess I'll throw in my opinion as well. I personally prefer carbs because that's what I'm used to and theyre easier to tune.
    When you put those pod filters on your bike come back and tell us how easy they were to tune and run better than before.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I want to listen to your advice hillsy, but I hate waiting. Besides, I live in a motorcycle friendly area with plenty of back roads to learn on. I appreciate the advice, and you are welcome to keep trying to convince me, but at the moment, I think that I want to continue with a cafe build. Maybe with a smaller engine size though.
    You won't learn to ride a bike on back roads. You might learn how to operate one but that's a different kettle of fish. I started riding at 18, had an older than me CB125 Super dream. You will crash and someone will knock you off. I had been in two bike crashes before I was 15, as a pillion as you can't account for dumb and a large % of car drivers are dumb so your chances are shit but if you start on something half decent, slow-ish and easier to ride then you can take more time avoiding the bellends in cars.

No one's telling you otherwise for any other reason than its not nice hearing, seeing or knowing about people being scrapped off the tarmac.

Be safe and always keep one thing in mind "they're all trying to kill you"

You are a fucktard, now aren'tcha?

WTF did you come here for if you're not going to listen to the experienced advice being handed out. You sound like you're on the path many noobs take when getting into "the scene", ask a bunch of question on how to proceed and then not heed any of it and proceed with your own uneducated plan. This usually results in us finding your incomplete project being offered on Craigs List.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Would you have listened to advice when you were 17. What would you do in my shoes. I'm a hands on learner and I need to learn from experience. Call me whatever you want, idgaf, but now I have to have a build just to prove you guys wrong. Again, what would you do if you were 17.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links