Hello from New Hampshire
Close

Hello from New Hampshire

This is a discussion on Hello from New Hampshire within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi all, My name is Ben, I am 17 years old, and I am from the lakes region of New Hampshire. I am currently looking ...

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Hello from New Hampshire

Hello from New Hampshire

Hi all,

My name is Ben, I am 17 years old, and I am from the lakes region of New Hampshire.

I am currently looking for ideas for my first cafe build. I've done some research but am wondering if there is a good platform for a begginer.

While I am new to cafe racers, I do know my way around a wrench. I am currently attending the HUOT Technical center in Laconia for the automotive program, and have been doing various projects around the yard with sleds and motorized bicylces.

When brainstorming, no idea is a bad idea... Therefore, I am open to all ideas and suggestions. I am not some cocky punk who knows it all and is gonna turn down reasonable suggestions.

From my research, I have decided that the first step, is functionality. Once the bike can get me from point a to point b safely, then I can begin working on performance. After performance comes aesthetics. If I have this wrong, please let me know.

Also, I was wondering if there's any other members on here from the granite state. Is there any races that go on around here? Where can I find them?

Thanks,
    Ben

Unlike most noobs here you seem to be on the right path. If you haven't already, read the thread above this one titled "Read First".
    Welcome to the addiction.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

USCRA: United States Classic Racing Association - Home

you'll have to wait until may to see anything on the track.
    latered

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

This amazes me that someone who is into bikes, is from N.H. doesn't know about New Hampshire Motor Speedway, which is only 6.5 miles from Belmont. One of the most iconic motorcycle tracks in the world.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I have been to NHMS a number of times... Just didn't realize that they had bike races there.

Every year in June they have motorcycle week, literally thousands of bike show up for rally and racing. Been going on since 1917. Growing up in Ct. we always took time each year to go to Laconia for the yearly races.

Schedule

HISTORY OF LACONIA MOTORCYCLE WEEK & THE NEW ENGLAND GYPSY TOUR
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Come to the uscra vintage races. We will also be racing at the Canaan Fair speedway a couple times in the summer. We have a two day event the first weekend of bike week at NHIS. You would be able to walk around the pits and talk to guys. You may even get bitten by the racing bug. It is a very helpful, friendly group. I am #288, little red Honda 50cc and hopefully red Honda CB160 if it is done.

Most any of the bikes you would want to make into a cafe racer will be there as real racers.

Platform? I am a BIG fan of the CB350 Honda. You will see lots of those at the track. Parts, including bolt on performance and cosmetic, are easy to find. Unfortunately their popularity has caused the prices to rapidly rise, but you could pick up a running project for $500 or less- I think there is one on Maine CL right now.

Plan should be simple.
    buy bike, ride bike, over time make bike go faster.
    BigAl8295 likes this.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    Plan should be simple.
    buy bike, ride bike, over time make bike go faster.
    Or...

Buy
    Ride
    Learn how to ride well
    Have fun
    jaguar likes this.
    latered

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links