Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run. - Page 2
Close

Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run.

This is a discussion on Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run. within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Mr.Lopez Hey Guys so I have been riding the bike around for about a week or so, and have noticed that the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lopez View Post
    Hey Guys so I have been riding the bike around for about a week or so, and have noticed that the bike sits a little too high for my comfort. After countless hours of searching online and the owners manuals, I have not found a way to lower it just a tad bit. Im not looking to alter suspension by any means, just trying to adjust it a little to have it perfect. Are there any suggestions that you would recommend?
    Are you talking about the seat height or how much your sitting up on it. The height is just over 30 inches right?
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

how do you mean too high? riding position, inside leg....?

You can spend the money on an aftermarket seat if you don't want to cut up your stock one. Corbin makes one that's a little thinner, and more importantly is narrower and rounded at the front, so when you put your legs down it feels less tall.

Name:  ysr4g_1t.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  33.4 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Suit yourself but Geeto and Tanshanomi gave you the best suggestion, lower the saddle instead of the suspension. That's the only change you can make without adversely altering the bikes handling. New riders get way too hung up on needing to flatfoot both feet when they are stopped, the fact is if you are doing it right the bike remains balanced at all times and at most you should need to touch down one toe when you are stopped.

Meet world champion Motocross and Dakar Rally racer Gaston Rahier:

kerosene likes this.

Hey guys thanks for the input. I guess I'm just going to get used to this height. If both my feet don't NEED to be on the ground then I guess I'm doing this somewhat right. I might buy a seat later on after I get more experience and decide if I really want to change the look of the bike.
    TrialsRider likes this.

yeah get more miles on it first. Tanshanomi stated it well, keeping feet on the ground is less important than you think at first. Yeah on parking lots you might need to reach a bit but its normal.
    -

I feel like a bike is too short for me if I can flat foot it. My daily rider fits this category, but I've gotten used to it.
    If you're doing it right, your feet will be on the pegs most ofthe time anyway.
    TrialsRider likes this.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Even at a standstill you should only have 1 foot on the floor. Your other foot should be on the back brake in case the person behind doesn't bother stopping
    TrialsRider likes this.

If you really like the feeling of sitting on the bike and being flat footed, look for a bike that meets your needs. You can modify your riding fight, but to do it right isn’t cheap. Remember cutting corners or cheaping out can kill you on a bike.
    Stay safe and alive!

Always make the best of what you have!
    Proud to have Served

Fk5
    The only times I have ever been annoyed at not being able to flatfoot a bike are when I am backing it up. It can be a bitch to back into and out of the garage or my gate in Brooklyn if you have to rock back and forth. Even that is not a big deal and on the road, even driving up to a stop sign every block, it isn't an issue at all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links