Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run. - Page 3
Close

Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run.

This is a discussion on Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run. within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Riding a motorcycle is all about balance, you really don't need to hold the motorcycle upright unless you are stopped in a gusting hurricane force ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run.

Riding a motorcycle is all about balance, you really don't need to hold the motorcycle upright unless you are stopped in a gusting hurricane force sidewind, or stationary and somebody is intentionally trying to push you over. If you are falling and you need to put a foot down that will never be on both sides at the same time, unless your bike is stuck in a hole and you are trying to pick it up by the handlebars. When your bike is stuck the best place to be is on both pegs or the bike will lack traction.
    Then there are those times when putting either foot down is simply impossible:

thechief86 likes this.

that image doesn't count....... unless he was riding a velosolex..... back brake, clutch and revs and if needs be shift a bit of mass.......

anyway you can't possibly comment because you get punishment for putting a foot down

Recently been getting much needed seat time and I'm just in awe. This bike is just awesome. Quick throttle, torque, and agility. However, I'm getting my balls busted because my family members (which are sport bike and harley riders) say that my bike doesn't sound much louder than a lawn mower. Are there any quality exhausts that exist for my bike or brands that I can look into? I've searched online but haven't had much luck in the States. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

pwalo and thechief86 like this.

Obviously I was just joking around, here's a real one ->
    Just don't throw away your original exhaust system, you will want to put it back on once your family grows up

I should think that any aftermarket goodies that were made for the SR500 would bolt right on to an SR400

Does not require batterias..... just these.....

Tobar Turbospoke Refills Sound Card | eBay

which cost more than batterias, yet are simple pieces of paper..... hmmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lopez View Post
    Recently been getting much needed seat time and I'm just in awe. This bike is just awesome. Quick throttle, torque, and agility. However, I'm getting my balls busted because my family members (which are sport bike and harley riders) say that my bike doesn't sound much louder than a lawn mower. Are there any quality exhausts that exist for my bike or brands that I can look into? I've searched online but haven't had much luck in the States. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Your family sounds like a bunch of douchebags. I'm sure they have already said loud pipes save lives to you as well at least once (there is actually no evidence to support it and plenty of studies to support people tend to flinch in the direction of loud noise, it's the chant of the ignorant macho moron). Part of being a responsible motorcyclist is being considerate of your environment and that includes your neighbors. If you want a little more sound there are easy to get it, just don't go crazy. Ask yourself "if I had to leave my house at 5am, should this piss off my community?" Point is, if you want more loud do it because you want it, not because some mouth breathers you are related to are trying to make you live up to their macho stereotype.

That being said, I'm sure any number of slip on cans exist that may fit your bike, in addition to full exhaust systems. Since we are talking about an SR400 here ignore all the "increased power" claims and focus on the sound you want. I find that watching videos of others exhausts on YouTube helps me get a feel for the sound I want and then try to find that system.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

I had a slipon on my SV650S, it made a really nice, deep sound but then I got a job that started at 6am, so I had to push it off the street before starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I'm sure they have already said loud pipes save lives to you as well at least once (there is actually no evidence to support it and plenty of studies to support people tend to flinch in the direction of loud noise, it's the chant of the ignorant macho moron).
    I'm currently teaching my four year old daughter how to cross the road and part of the process is "listen". If you hear some nasty clackety bag of shit cracking and popping towards you then don't step out..... the rider spent his money on nickel town custom megaphones instead of fixing up the brakes.......

Unfortunately nothing can save a life...... One may prolong one by behaving appropriately and also notifying others of ones presence.......
    Alex jb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyshep View Post
    I had a slipon on my SV650S, it made a really nice, deep sound but then I got a job that started at 6am, so I had to push it off the street before starting it.
    TBH so long as you didn't warm it up for 20 mins I wouldn't throw shit over the fence if I lived next door..... Did you find you had to shift fire up locations due to lights coming on/curtains twitching in the locations you pushed it to?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links