Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run. - Page 4
Close

Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run.

This is a discussion on Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run. within the NEW MEMBERS READ HERE! forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I tended to let it warm up on the littlest amount of choke it would take and ride on idle till the a52. The trouble ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Crawl, Walk, Run or is it Crawl then Run.

I tended to let it warm up on the littlest amount of choke it would take and ride on idle till the a52. The trouble was the people behind the garage had an autistic son who went batshit crazy when it woke him up.

Then there is the small issue of the the legality's associated with modifying the pollution control devices on your relatively new model vehicle: Beginning with model year 2010, the SR400 has fuel injection and a catalyst muffler to comply with tighter emission restrictions. The exhaust system also has an exhaust pipe coated with a nano-film to prevent discolouration, and includes a 3-way honeycomb-type catalytic converter to meet EU and US (50 state) emission requirements. Fitting your motorcycle with an aftermarket exhaust system that does not meet emission requirements is a federal offence if you care about such things :| That's kinda why I suggested it is vital that you keep the original parts. You'll also notice the discolouration on that exhaust system that I posted the video of Again you may or may not have concerns about that, but if you ever go to sell the bike in the future a prospective purchaser might.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 04-30-2016 at 04:06 PM.

I like the bike the way it currently sits in its stock form. It sounds good and feels great. I'll just leave it all stock. It doesn't really bother me. As of drivers noticing me, yea in Florida, no one cares if your on a bike, walking, or in a truck. That women in the Prius will hit you regardless and then still blame you for HER stupidity. (Been there, done that.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links